I.D. int.door part?

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
This part fell out of the door of my 68 Barracuda when I pulled the glass. Now I have no idea where it goes. It`s about 1 inch wide and 2.25 inches long of (once) clear plastic. Can anybody identify this part and where it goes? Thanks

IM000761 (Small).JPG

IM000762 (Small).JPG

IM000763 (Small).JPG

Half of one forward glass guide ? Should be 2 running in the forward cahnnel.

I have to agree with redfish thats what it looks like. If you have the panel off your other door see if you can locate the one in there. I've got the panels on my
68 pulled off I'll check it out tomorrow if I remember.

Tom

Half of one forward glass guide ? Should be 2 running in the forward cahnnel.

I have to agree with redfish thats what it looks like. If you have the panel off your other door see if you can locate the one in there. I've got the panels on my
68 pulled off I'll check it out tomorrow if I remember.

Tom

The only plastic on the front channel are the two H pieces that run through the glass??? Where do you mean exactly?

"" H pieces that run through the glass ?""
Should be more like a 3 sided piece snapped together around the glass edge.
As old as these cars are it could be a finger from a car hops tray (drive-in).

Somebody in West Virginia lost their retainer down the window well?

Think we can eliminate this one. You need at least 2 teeth for a retainer.
Could be anything. I pulled 18 bolts and nuts out of the rocker panel on a 71 Dart from Hamtramck that rattled and drove the owner nuts for years.

The door was down to the shell just a couple years ago when I finished the resto. I removed all of the glass and hardware from another door and installed it in this one. I`m thinking it`s an anti-rattle piece or something like that and it looks familiar, I just can`t place it.

Redfish, the pieces I`m referring to are the the two pieces that run through the holes in the glass and beneath the front channel guides.

I don`t think it`s a foreign piece (to the car), unless somehow it made the transfer from one door to another and I missed it.

Had some time to think and study the pics and what is bubbling to the surface is a U shaped plastic guide for the glass that is just below the vent window post. Could this be part of it?

I check the inside of my door to my 68 barracuda today.
The part appears to be inside just above were the door handle mechanism.
Looks like it's to protect it or to keep it form rattling. Your guess is as good as mine.
I marked the bolts A and B to help.
Hope this helps you out.

Tom

door6.jpg

DOOR2 Medium Web view.jpg

DOOR3 Medium Web view.jpg

door4 Medium Web view.jpg

door7.jpg
hope the pictures come in good enough!

door6.jpg

DOOR2 Medium Web view.jpg

DOOR3 Medium Web view.jpg

door4 Medium Web view.jpg

door7.jpg

LOL Its a umbrella ! Keeps ice from forming in the mechanism.
Now we know.

Tom, I can`t thank you enough. I hate taking something apart and having parts left over when I put it back together. Lol! Much appreciated!!!

-
Back