I don`t drink much beer , but

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
I stopped in the local QT yesterday, to pick up a 12 pack, (usually lasts me a week and a half-2 weeks), the cases were bone empty. They said they were switching over to 6 point beer. What the hell, what if I don`t want 6 point beer ?!
I don`t drink beer much, and don`t drink it to get hi or a buzz , just like to have one at the end of a hard or successful day, and like the taste.
Is everybody going to be stoned w/ legal mariuana or drunk on 6 point beer now ? Traffic is bad enough with all the idiots texting and driving.

Your from Oklahoma then! It's a serious shortage here in OKC. I drink beer, often and my favorite liquor store has had a hard time keeping anything on the shelves. Gas stations and stores didn't pre order enough beer to last through the month while they switched to higher point stuff. So they ran out weeks ago. I talked to a Budweiser delivery guy that said Bud, Coors, etc will be 5% while Bud light, Coors light, etc will be 4.2%. Wine will be available at stores also.

I work with lots of Hispanics and several of them have been driving to Texas to buy beer to last through the shortage! They generally don't like any Craft style beers.
FB_IMG_1537802102992.jpg

Your from Oklahoma then! It's a serious shortage here in OKC. I drink beer, often and my favorite liquor store has had a hard time keeping anything on the shelves. Gas stations and stores didn't pre order enough beer to last through the month while they switched to higher point stuff. So they ran out weeks ago. I talked to a Budweiser delivery guy that said Bud, Coors, etc will be 5% while Bud light, Coors light, etc will be 4.2%. Wine will be available at stores also.

I work with lots of Hispanics and several of them have been driving to Texas to buy beer to last through the shortage! They generally don't like any Craft style beers.
View attachment 1715229645

The last time I was over there I had to drive 30 miles to find an 18 pack. (60 round trip)
One woman asked me for my phone number so she could call and tell me when they finally got some in.
I told her by that time I would sooo be back in a state that actually has it (every day all day long):D

View attachment 1715229645

Bud and Coors banquet are 5% and bud light, coors light are 4.2% in CA. What are they now in Oklahoma?

Bud and Coors banquet are 5% and bud light, coors light are 4.2% in CA. What are they now in Oklahoma?

They have all been 3.2%. You can buy high point beer at a liquor store here BUT it can't be refrigerated. You CAN be served high point beer at a bar or restaurant cold... for some reason we don't have high point Bud, Coors, Corona, etc at all.

As of October 1st we will have high point everything, it will be available cold, and wine can be purchased at stores. l will be working out of town for the next few months and I'm sure all the other guys will be getting trashed every night until they realize that they don't need that last beer or two.

What is 6 point beer?

6% alcohol. Oklahoma has 3.2% alcohol beer available at stores. But we're getting our limit raised, it was voted in awhile back. People are generally just saying 6 point in reference to 6.0%.

Wow.

FL has the gamut from 3.2 to 4/4.2, 5, 5.9, 6, and anywhere up to IIRC 13% for straight "beer".

I've recently had a few 4Loko brand sour apple brews at 18%.

I remember in the late 1980's Ohio actually banned 3.2 beer in favor of 6%.

They have all been 3.2%. You can buy high point beer at a liquor store here BUT it can't be refrigerated. You CAN be served high point beer at a bar or restaurant cold... for some reason we don't have high point Bud, Coors, Corona, etc at all.

As of October 1st we will have high point everything, it will be available cold, and wine can be purchased at stores. l will be working out of town for the next few months and I'm sure all the other guys will be getting trashed every night until they realize that they don't need that last beer or two.
that would suck...
I like imperial stouts. they start at 9-10 abv and up

Upshur County's drier than an empty bottle
Since the Mormon's come to town
And to run out of beer means a run to Gladewater
Highway 79 (271) thirty miles on down
Now fair is fair but life's a gamble
When it's eleven forty five
And it's a toss of the coin to see who's got fifteen minutes
To make a thirty minute drive
It was Saturday night
You was sitting 'round the square
Small town Texas sons and daughters
But you lost the toss
That means you're taking up the money
That means you're making the run
Making the run
Making the run to Gladewater
Here's what you do
You hustle all your buddies off
The back of your truck
You grab your girl, you say, c'mon let's
Tuck your jeans in your boots
That's what you do
Slap your gimme cap on
Turn the country music radio station
Louder than you ought to
But it's okay, you're on your way
You lost the toss
You're taking up the money
You're making the run to Gladewater
Run, boys
It's 79 to the county line
And the Mini Mart with not one to spare
And your friends back in Gilmer
They're your friends indeed
Why? Well, you got their money
And their six pack of beer
Making the run
Making the run, making the run
Songwriters: Michelle Shocked

Last edited:
Upshur County's drier than an empty bottle
Since the Mormon's come to town
And to run out of beer means a run to Gladewater
Highway 79 thirty miles on down
Now fair is fair but life's a gamble
When it's eleven forty five
And it's a toss of the coin to see who's got fifteen minutes
To make a thirty minute drive
It was Saturday night
You was sitting 'round the square
Small town Texas sons and daughters
But you lost the toss
That means you're taking up the money
That means you're making the run
Making the run
Here's what you do
You hustle all your buddies off
The back of your truck
You grab your girl, you say, c'mon let's
Tuck your jeans in your boots
That's what you do
Slap your gimme cap on
Turn the country music radio station
Louder than you ought to
But it's okay, you're on your way
You lost the toss
You're taking up the money
You're making the run to Gladewater
Run, boys
It's 79 to the county line
And the Mini Mart with not one to spare
And your friends back in Gilmer
They're your friends indeed
Why? Well, you got their money
And their six pack of beer
Making the run
Making the run, making the run
Songwriters: Michelle Shocked

YOU MUST BE ON SOMETHING !!

As a recovering alcoholic I haven't had a beer in 3years (dec 5th) I liked the 6% stuff tho more bang for your buck. But like I mentioned :(

Way back in 50's and 60's, the 3.2 beer was legal for 18 year olds in SD. Boy did we drink barrels of that. Course we bought cheapest stuff like Northstar and Hamms. There were bars and clubs for 18 yr olds in every college town. Fun times then.

Growing up in Colorado we bought 6 per cent Beer at Liquor Stores and Bars. 3.2 Beer was sold at 3.2 Bars. Only groceries were bought in Grocery stores.You could buy 3.2 at 18 but 6.0 had to be 21. Imagine my shock moving to Arizona and seeing beer and Liquor in Grocery Stores and Pharmacies( 4.2) and no stand alone Liquor Stores to be found. I've been gone from Colorado for 8 years now so don't know current laws.

our governor {a device automatically regulating the supply of fuel, steam, or water to a machine, ensuring uniform motion or limiting speed} vetoed a law that would allow bars to close at 0400. "Too much mayhem already..."
Used to be a bikini bar down in Oceanside outside Camp Pendleton gate that served Near-Beer to the under 21 Marines looking for....well, I dont know what your looking for in a bikini bar that serves near-beer....?

Last edited:
6% alcohol. Oklahoma has 3.2% alcohol beer available at stores. But we're getting our limit raised, it was voted in awhile back. People are generally just saying 6 point in reference to 6.0%.

Gotchya. Never knew there were states that had limits of alcohol % in beer. Georgia does not that I know of. There are several brands that have 9% or better I've tried. I am like bob though, I drink for taste. If it doesn't taste good, forget it.

Used that (and personal taste) when I found out I was diabetic.

I'm gonna get my carb/calories worth dangit!

our governor {a device automatically regulating the supply of fuel, steam, or water to a machine, ensuring uniform motion or limiting speed} vetoed a law that would allow bars to close at 0400. "Too much mayhem already..."
Used to be a bikini bar down in Oceanside outside Camp Pendleton gate that served Near-Beer to the under 21 Marines looking for....well, I dont know what your looking for in a bikini bar that serves near-beer....?

near beer is what my father called 3.2 beer. He went through the depression so I figured that near beer was a term that came from prohibition times. I don't think he ever drank one in his life. Beer in Minnesota was all 6% and sold in liquor stores. Stite and ales were higher %, up to 18%

Just to clarify for folks, “3.2” and “6 point” isn't comparing apples to apples. 3.2 refers to 3.2% alcohol by weight. “6 point” is usually referred to higher alcohol content beer by VOLUME, but most bud light type beers aren’t truely 6 percent or “6 point”. Bud products are around 5.4%. Bud Platinum is a true 6% beer. But what I’m getting at is that 3.2% alcohol by weight is not a whole lot different than a beer that’s rated at 5.5% by volume. It’s all a play on words.

Most all alcohol of any kind says right on the label "alcohol by volume..."

I've never seen it listed by weight.

Of course as we've been discussing state laws regarding alcohol vary widely and wildly.

3.2 is just over 4% by volume and according to Wikipedia, regular bud is 5%.

No beer I drink is going to be affected by any of this, so I’m off to another thread.

-
Back