i dont know how ill ever get the dart running!

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
Im 17 and i only make about 180 a week and with a car payment and gas i hardly have 40 bucks after paychecks. ugh ill never get the dart running. only a few things to get too im getting steel wheels this friday from mobodyman hes giving me a good deal..... but i still got other things too get. ima fittin to give up really.

im tryin ive managed to save enough for the steel wheels so far. i still need a front end kit. new tires one leaf spring and two more shocks.

Just give it some time and do what you can when you can. Rome wasn't built in a day. Keep working and keep saving and you will get it. Don't give up!
Matt

What year is the Dart?I have some leafs here out of a 74 Valiant 4dr you can have.

shocks front or rear if i have this stuff u can have but u need to pay shipping

rear shocks n how much? oh i already have one leaf i just need one more i need ones that will stand up for a small block 318. and idk whats size yeat but ill get new ones. there 15s

I have a couple of rear shocks I can send you after the first of July. All I need from you is an address to send them to. If interested send me a PM.

dad says im just gunna get shocks from o reilys for 30 bucks? and that i cant mix a oem spring with a superstock spring

Work on the stuff that is cheap while you save fo the bigger ticket items. Its amazing what some cans of spraypaint can do to "restore" underhood parts, suspension parts etc. And they will keep you busy and keep your interest up. Its easy to lose interest when you don't see progress so make a list of small inexpensive tasks that you can do in the evening or on weekends. Keep the faith.

Stay positive and keep tryin,' you'll get there. Good idea to ask around here.

Get a second job. I worked 2 most of my way through high school. My Daughter has 3.

damn!

It took me about 2 years to get my parts for my car. worked a lot and didn't have many bills to pay. Working on my engineering degree so most my time goes to school and work or car and work. I have a feeling this is how life is...

anyways, all in do time. Cars are expensive toys so it will take a long time or you better get a high income if you want it quicker.

Keeping focused (kicks cat) has always been a problem with (look up part number) me. I have this idea (answer phone) that I can do 10 things at (watch teevee) a time and never really get anything done.

Possibly it's because (surf to another site) I do have 10 (kick dog this time) things going on at (neighbor's radio up again, LOUD) one time.

I like the clean and spray paint idea, back in the day my 8-3/4s were all Street Hemi orange.
Thought it was cool.

Time to abuse kitty, again. :D

Mark.

look at what you can do on your budget. don't get caught up in the aftermarket name game. I had a '71 charger in high school and NO full time job. I would fix friends cars and put money into what was needed and not wanted. sure when my dist. was acting up I could have got an msd distributor but instead I learned how to rebuild mine. 10 bucks for new points and condensor then 2 bucks for the bushings, a few hours of labor and it was running better than ever. shinny parts are cool but in most cases won't make your car faster or keep it on the road longer.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. We've all been there (and lots still are). Chin up, do what you can do, when you can afford to do it, and eventually it'll be almost done 8). Most cars, even when done, are never really completed.
Daryl

Cheer up! You're working at a job!:cheers:
I remember back in the last ice age when I was 17, at times I really didn't realize what positive "The glass is half full" things I had going for me. I sometimes still have that problem today!LOL=P~
I guess what I'm trying to say is there are plenty of fine people here to help when you need it and it sounds like your father is there for your support. The best thing is you have your family, a job, and your Dart!
Have a great day today and good luck. Due to the process and the waiting you will have earned a great respect and admiration for the Dart you will be driving, may it give you a safer mindset to keep you alive and well in your future travels!=D>

-
Back