I dont know what to do with my wife...

-

chuckwagon2004

71 dartswinger
Reaction score
Well my wife has been pretty good about the Swinger build. Now she says she wants me to fix her one up after the dart is out of the shop and road ready... I said hell yeah baby what kind of car you want!!!!! She says I want an Elcamino....... LOL I said ok which year she said I dunno the old boxy ones.. LOL So I got on ebay and pulled up a 66-67 cause that would be the only one I would want. LOL She goes no that ones ugly. Ok so I find one a lil older and she goes there it is.... Its a 64 and I have to admit its a good lookin body.. I said what color you want it to be baby... She shoked me when she says bright pink. I said pink and she goes yeah. I guess Im going to have ane bad *** pink camino b4 its over. I guess Im lucky that she likes older cars even though I dunno what a pink camino looks like. Just had to vent a lil bit guys sorry....

:wav:Turn her on to a FM3 Duster or Dart Sport 340 clone

A mental health professional or divorce lawyer?

Actually, it could be a whole lot worse. She could want a new Mercedes or something else that is $$$$$.
I think old El Caminos are kinda neat. Find a nice one,throw a decent small block with air and a 700R4 overdrive tranny in it and she should be happy.
Apparently she was cool with your little project so give her something back. AND you can use it to haul MOPAR parts for your next project in it.

LOL no i havent seen that one spaz..... I like the one about go ahead and build it and use it to haul my mopar parts home...

Nothing wrong with an older El Camino especially the early ones(other than they aren't mopar). Nice your wifey likes the old cars and wants a driver of her own........have fun with that:cheers:

This is an older El Camino body that I liked,
A 1969 model,
A farmers son had one when I was a yung'an,

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

I had a '79, black S/S, red interior. Crappy 305 and a rochester. But I did like the car..er...truck....

I have owned a few Elcaminos,65, 67, and a 70 SS. They are neat vehicles and they have some issues with leaks around the rear windows. But if my Wife wanted a PINK ELCAMINO she would have the "BADDEST PINK EL CAMINO IN THE USA"! I am not that fond of Pink but if that was what She wants PINK it would be!

Mine wants a hot pink (FM3) Rabbit convertible with a white interior and scallops, lowered with 17" rims, and automatic, AFTER the Barracuda is done.

I said whatever you want sweetheart!

I think you are very lucky she wants an El Camino, mine wants a Bettle. I don't know what to do. LOL

Jack
I had a 63 just kike Herbie (Disneys Love Bug). Being one of the most dependable vehicles ever built you know she'll get from A to B without any problems, even in snow. Bundke up good though cause they dont have much of a heater.
When I walked through the plant to my job people would ask me if I drove a motor cycle to work. LOL
I had a 70 SS El Camino too. Wife liked it but I didn't care for it much.
Just a slight uphill grade on a wet interstate and running about 60 it would just turn loose, hydroplane. Several times on the same 3 mile stretch of I-85 near me. Let off the throttle and it would hook again but still scarey.

well, at least she likes the good year of elco's. 64-66 have better grilles to me. as far as the hot pink goes,..............well just ask my girl about her car....................

DSC00192 (Small).JPG

Here is my wife's 1970 Dart factory FM3 pink, she even races it down the 1/4 at our local track! I love the car but I will admidt that I feel wierd driving it, especially with my buddy. It is cool when the woman shares your intrest. If she wants a pink camino, better get one!

DSC00750.jpg

Yep...better go with the flow. That way if you find another car you like she should be okay with it.lol

It could be worse, my first wife threw my Challenger into reverse at 30 miles an hour while I was driving. I got rid of her soon after that.

The new wife is cool with the Barracuda, even though she's not into "old cars".

Definitely consider yourself a lucky man to have a wife that likes old cars. I've heard many times how guys had to get rid of their project to try and make the wife happy.

The 64 El Caminos are nice looking too. At least she didn't ask for some old Ferd.

And think about this. It would be some more work but you could put a Mopar drive train in it.:supz:

It's cool when our wife/girlfriend gets involved with cars but... after Nikkis 72 scamp is done she said that she wants a 50 buick! When will I have time to build my toys?!?!

Im with fishy68, throw in some Mopar gutts and confuse the hell out of people.

i think its pretty cool at least your wife likes the cars i know too many guys who have to hide their stuff cause their wives hate their old cars. Im also lucky my wife loves the old cars she has a 72 dart and a 70 nova im not proud of it but if i build her the nova she doesnt hassle me about all the mopars i drag home although i must admit i gave her the dart to hopefully have her get rid of the nova but not a chance Her exact words were ohhh i like that but if you think im getting rid of my nova your sadly mistaken and your not taking the dart back either.

lol I doubt my wife will change her mind she is pretty hard headed... I like some of the ol chevys too so maybe it wont be that painfull.... LOL

-
Back