I don't like it, and I ain't drivin.......

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
When did this nonsense of "train racin" become routine on NASCAR?

When are we just gonna hook tow bars on 'em and be done with it?

I havta admit four wide and 2 deep had to be a knuckle buster

Richmond International Raceway is a good short track .750 miles track they will race on in two week's they get a week off to put this one behind them
That was an unbelievable Finnish, I would not want to race at 180 mph in a curve being pushed that for sure.. Just think what would happen if they take the restricter plates out of them !!

Richmond International Raceway is a good short track .750 miles track they will race on in two week's they get a week off to put this one behind them
That was an unbelievable Finnish, I would not want to race at 180 mph in a curve being pushed that for sure.. Just think what would happen if they take the re stricter plates out of them !!

Cindy would now say letsssssssssssssssssss go racing boys no re stricter plate now.

Cindy would now say letsssssssssssssssssss go racing boys no re stricter plate now.
Tell Cindy I feel the same way, take the plates off and let them go :cheers:
As we say it here in Arkansas Run what ya brung :-D

Hi Cindy :hello2::hello2: I hope yall get the key working, but thats a different subject :-D

I could never understand it. It shouldn't be called racing. It should be called grouping.

When did this nonsense of "train racin" become routine on NASCAR?

When are we just gonna hook tow bars on 'em and be done with it?

Its been done. (2nd and 3rd cars only have steering. Drivers of 2nd and 3rd cars in each train don't get brakes or an engine. )

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkGisQW34Fg&feature=related"]YouTube - Train Racing[/ame]

A Dart or two in this one...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgXLfQrkmpw&feature=related"]YouTube - 3 Car Trains / Train Races /Figure Eight Action[/ame]

Been watchin since I was kneehigh to a grasshopper,...to be sure, 99% of the time, todays races are yawners,restrictor plates gotta go...period. But ya gotta admit, you couldn't have called this race till the end,thats a fact...I thought for sure the 2 old vets had It. Hell I lost the pool, Had Martin, Momma had Newman,...he got points for doin a hellava job keepin his car on the track...

i agree dont dig this so called style of racing its not entertaing to me at all until the guys hit the short tracks

you cant loose the restrictor plates without adding a wing and other ground effects to counter lift by adding downforce, otherwise at higher speeds a car body (curved on top flat on the bottom) becomes an airplane wing and tries to take off

you cant loose the restrictor plates without adding a wing and other ground effects to counter lift by adding downforce, otherwise at higher speeds a car body (curved on top flat on the bottom) becomes an airplane wing and tries to take off
then throttle down a tad and get it when you can nascar kinda lame these days to me but just my take on it

My gal sezs she can throw a bag of Skittles in the toilet and flush it and it would be more exciting now.

Then we actually have drivers and not just people that turn the wheels left and right.

I think if they reduce comp ratios from 14+:1 back down to 8:1, they'd loose a lot of HP,,,and speed, then they can gun the plates...narrower tires, "dirty" up the bodies, etc, will also help.

I think if they reduce comp ratios from 14+:1 back down to 8:1, they'd loose a lot of HP,,,and speed, then they can gun the plates...narrower tires, "dirty" up the bodies, etc, will also help.

"Street" compression ratio, pump gas, how about requiring DOT tires?

I say get rid of the restrictor plates and let the teams add wings and anything else they need to do to make the cars handle better, they already have no similarity to "stock" cars so why not make them into real race cars

Go back to the days of win on sunday and sell on monday.
Wait till next year and they have fuel injection they will all be so bunched up it will be ridiculous. No more cheating with the carb.

This is real racing if you have a pair..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpEJW7N0YII&feature=fvwrel"]YouTube - Figure 8 World Championships[/ame]

Way back in the late 60's to early 70's they came up with the restrictor plate to kill the Hemi. Ford and chebby took to bitchin about them due to the fact they couldn't beat the bird cars. So they factored the hemi off the track with the restrictor plates so the masses would fill the seats again to root for the chebby and ford. That was the end of NASCAR and today we have the giant soap opera we call a race. I won't waste my time watching it.

-
Back