I dropped of another kitty to get fixed today.

-
Somebody had these fixed they each have a clipped ear. I’ve found I have a liking for cats over dogs now that I’ve gotten older, less work. But I still love my shi tzu’s

2 years ago there was a local place that would TNR and ear tip for $25.
There was a big shake up there and they shut down.
When they reopened, it was $65.....if you can get in.

Our local animal control and county sheriff are adamantly anti-TNR and refuse to support any programs.
They house about 1000 cats a month and as of the last figures I've been exposed to, only 20% make it out alive.
Why in HELL would they be borderline aggressively anti- TNR?

One of the groups I'm acquainted with has started program in conjunction with SPCA, and somewhat humorously named it after the sheriff.

It's kind of a PITA to navigate and it's three times further distance over much more heavily traveled roads but I believe the TNR cost is $45.

This place I went to today just raised their prices from 35.00-50.00 for trapped Ferals. Which is a deal compared to the first place that I took five ferals. Plus there I could only bring in one at a time if I walked in which I had to do because I couldn’t guarantee I could catch one every morning. I made the planned two trips to drop the three off and they said I should get a call in three hours. This place was packed.

my wife and i have been care givers to more than i can count outside , but we do have an even dozen in the house , their all from the yard cats . that have been fit , just two girls left to caught .

All three are resting comfortably. Twilight ( Mom ), Bandit I think Dad, and Blackie another male

IMG_1409.jpeg

IMG_1411.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

My boys weren’t very happy with me when I left them out. I kinda planned to keep all three together till I let the little girl out tomorrow but why punish them. And one pooping all over himself and cage didn’t help any.

Ah, the old poop in the cage routine.

Part of the business.

Today was a good cat business day for us.

Lots of details I won't go into without backstory.

Another Tortie so it 99% being a girl. She’s (Tattoo) about 7 months old and while I was filling their feeding bowls was able to gently grab her and place her in the trap. With the cold weather I’ll have to keep her inside for a couple of days. I love her so much it’s going to kill me yo put her back outside. I’m up to six inside and feeding 4-5 outside. My heart says to keep her and my brain said John you are a nut. So I prayed for some guidance on the way home from dropping her off. Since the day i adopted Hemi, Propane, Leala, Roman, Nick, Galaxy, Tumbleweed, and Autumn my cold cold heard has gotten softer and softer and I needed that. Roman had FIV and passed away last year and Propane the year before that. It killed me losing those two. I’m naming this one Tattoo and outside I have Twilight, (mom) Bandit, and Blackie. Here’s Tattoo watching me bring in my Chewy order yesterday.

View attachment 1716196343

View attachment 1716196344

View attachment 1716196345

View attachment 1716196346

This girl is more stubborn than my exwife and I still haven’t been able to pet her. She socializes with the other kitty’s and runs from me. Lol.

We got one that was like that for a while.
Real friendly with the other cats and fit right in from day one.
Routinely swatted, scratched and bit me if I tried to pet her.
After a month she finally started getting a little more people-y, and just the other day sweetened up even more.
For a while I was counting the pets I could give before being bitten.
About every third day, I could go up one.
This morning she let me pet her until I stopped and nudged my hand a few times in the process.

My cat likes me for some reason just comes over and sits in my lap for a few minutes and purrs same time every night if the wife walks in though the cat jumps up and runs...

My cat likes me for some reason just comes over and sits in my lap for a few minutes and purrs same time every night if the wife walks in though the cat jumps up and runs...

That’s pretty common in cats. Each of my 7 cats has a different personality. From licking my fingers to loving to be kissed. Only two understand the words treat time but then again the other five have only been around for a matter of weeks. 3-4 sleep with me on most nights and three of them love naps as much as I do and when I head in so do they.

I had a 280z get its wiring eaten by squirrels because braindead stepmom liked to feed pigeons.
Years later had a feral cat we fed living under my barracuda. Got some scratches in the paint but zero squirrel damage.
Not a bad deal
Thanks for sharing Pittsburgh!

I have 2 cats, both getting old, both males. The one wanted nothing to do with me for years, but now lays and sleeps with me everywhere I go within the house. He pisses off my wife because of that. I have taken to sleeping in my sons old room because I get up too many times, and earlier than she does....

My son even says my wife will become a crazy cat woman when I kick the bucket. I don't mind cats, is rather have a spunky playful cat or 2, than an ankle biter dog any day. I hate the small breeds.

But truth be told I really want another black lab pup,
I'd like a purebred this time, instead of a lab mix but jeez people have gotten crazy stupid with what they want for them anymore.

-
Back