I Fell Into MOPAR

-

MrOz

Reaction score
New Guy here, I have a 2015 Challenger RT Plus with 71k miles, no dings, and a 2023 Wagoneer with less than 3k miles. '72 Also have a 2021 BMW X3 which I will be trading in for a Grand Cherokee soon. As a side note, I also have a 194 Ford GPW (Jeep) which I bring to parades and car shows.

A close friend has a hidden garage here in my hometown with a Super Bird, 1971 Cuda with Shaker hood, and a '72 Cuda. All three have 440 aftermarket (non original) engines. All three are very close to completion.

I am very interested in acquiring the '72. I know he will be asking around $70k. I will attach photos if possible. Plan on driving it as soon as road worthy, but my question would be what would be considered a reasonable price for a recent restoration with a new 440.

Wish I were more conversant in these things, but I was in music in HS, all the while wishing I were restoring cars in shop class. Then I got married.

45 years later, she passed. My filters are now reset, and money is no object but I lust after "things". The '72 is Purple. Also included is the neon sign in my garage.

Talk to me.

Dan "Oz" in Eden Prairie, MN

71Shaker.jpg

72Cuda.jpg

Garage Sign.jpg

Superbird.jpg

Wagoneer and Jeep.jpg

Cool Jeep! I grew up in Minnetonka, and can remember when Eden Prairie was just that, a prairie!

I think thats a lot for a nonoriginal resto. It all depends on what you want I guess.

Welcome !
70k for a 72 seems steep .
I grew up in Minnetonka as well. 15808 Hwy 7…. I remember seeing a Superbird or Daytona on hwy 7 every so often in the 70s. Missed out on 69 Charger 500 in ‘79 . A guy I worked with bought it . I did however end up with a 70 Charger SE 383 mag car that drove by my house every few days after fueling up at the Holiday station on hwy 7. Sold it about 7 years ago .

:welcome: from :canada:

I have to agree with the others about the 72 Cuda being overpriced, but without seeing it or knowing the details of it, I would probably guess closer to $35-40k value.

Welcome to the site, I love the cars and the old jeep is just too cool!
Although it's easy to have over 70 grand in a car build, that's not always what they are worth when selling.
A lot of it depends on the year, originality, overall condition, and modifications.
For example, if the Super Bird was 70 grand, it would be a steal.
If the '71 Cuda was 70 grand, it would be a good deal.
But the '72 Cuda for 70 grand is over priced by a lot.
Maybe the '72 Cuda for 50 grand would be top dollar if it is extremely nice.
Would you be able to resell it for that much?
Probably not.
Would you be able to build it for 50 grand?
Again, probably not.

If you plan on keeping the car and enjoying it for many years, and you think the price is fair, then go ahead and pay the 70 grand for it and don't look back.

It's your money, so spend it as you see fit.

This is my opinion FWIW...

-
Back