I finally got my car running and to the track

-
I like your concept. Mine is very much the same, stock interior, and suspension, no tubs etc. I went with more cubes (500) and less gear (3.55). It has a hydraulic roller cam and 727 with an 11 inch convertor. Revs are 2500 at 60 mph on the highway. I run it thru the mufflers and the best so far is 11.53 at 118.5. I drive it to the track, race it, and so far back home again.

Yeah I love cars like these. Your's is very nice. I might do a stroker short block at some point but now that I've run it with the 440, I know I can get it to 11.50s with the stock stroke. I want to avoid a combo that runs low 11s and requires a roll bar or cage which will make car a pain to deal with as far as getting my wife and kids to cruise nights. If I ever do a stroker and cage it will have to be deep in the 10s to be worth it to me. I'm super happy with it like this so I'm going to tune it down to 11.50s and enjoy it for a couple of years or something major blows up then figure out what's next.

I like your concept. Mine is very much the same, stock interior, and suspension, no tubs etc. I went with more cubes (500) and less gear (3.55). It has a hydraulic roller cam and 727 with an 11 inch convertor. Revs are 2500 at 60 mph on the highway. I run it thru the mufflers and the best so far is 11.53 at 118.5. I drive it to the track, race it, and so far back home again.

Sweet Barracuda! Cars like these are tons of fun.

Nice E.T. , nice 60 ' foot. I like your idea of street ability, against the nastier race equipment. Well done.

-
Back