I got this crazy idea in my head....

-

Blainethemono

Reaction score
I just need to make it stealth w/o chopping up my pristine GT ash tray....

IMG_20220617_140258.jpg

Did I here someone say 3D printer,???

Pm or post some photos of the ash tray.

And we can start talking about the possibilities

I like that idea for the small tach.
I have removed the lighter and put my linelock button in it's place on several street cars.
Close the tray and no one knows it's there.

On my 66 I used the ashtray for the switches that control exhaust cutouts and nitrous purge

Why can't you find another ash tray and take it apart, modify it to hold your tach? Great idea, I think I might do that very same thing. Thanks for the Idea.

I think it would work, and looks good I do not like looking down that far to my tack it forces your eyes off the road too much. jmo

I'm not a big fan of tach's down low like that. Mine looks good under the dash centered over the console but I have to look down at it, focus, then look back at where I'm going. Looks cool but not functional.

100_4680 (1).JPG

Why can't you find another ash tray and take it apart, modify it to hold your tach? Great idea, I think I might do that very same thing. Thanks for the Idea.

I would but the GT silver dash front is unique to the GT models only. I really dont want to hack up an ashtray made of unobtanium. However I have decided to go the traditional route and just mount it to the steering column. I think theft of these isnt as big as it was back in the earlier days.

I'm not a big fan of tach's down low like that. Mine looks good under the dash centered over the console but I have to look down at it, focus, then look back at where I'm going. Looks cool but not functional.

View attachment 1715947490

Yes, after thinking it over, u right right, it IS the best place for an easy mount, w/o taking eyes off the road.

-
Back