I guess it CAN be done

-

Cudaroy

Reaction score
I would have never thought these could be brought back until I got to seeing some of the FABO members work. Thanks.....

Attachments

• cuda grill 001.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 304
  • cuda grill 002.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 332
  • cuda grill 003.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 319
  • cuda grill 004.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 333
  • cuda grill 005.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 311
Looks like you had some pretty decent cores to begin with. Nice work...........
Daryl

Very nice!! I have to re-do my 69's so any help/hints/advice is appreciated!

I stripped off the anodize with oven cleaner/ sanded off what the cleaner did not/ steel wool/ used punches,screwdriver and hammer from the backside,hand file to remove the deepest dents then used simichrome/mothers mag polish to get it smooth. Not show quality but night and day better than they were.

ok, ty
one more. Thats anodized aluminium? the result will be more prone to corrosion/denting after removing the anodize?

ok, ty
one more. Thats anodized aluminium? the result will be more prone to corrosion/denting after removing the anodize?

Correct, it will be prone.......once you're satisfied with the result of your work ( I'm not there yet) you can lacquer over it and will help with the corrosion part but not the denting part..nothin will.

Correct, it will be prone.......once you're satisfied with the result of your work ( I'm not there yet) you can lacquer over it and will help with the corrosion part but not the denting part..nothin will.

Thanks for your time. You could reanodize.

i just picked up some tail lights for a 69 dart, I'm gona try and follow your lead. I'll maybe share results. May take me a good while.

-
Back