I guess its time to say hello.

-

Joatha

Reaction score
I've been reading this site for the last couple of weeks. I figure its about time to introduce myself. I live in Marietta, GA and I am a Barracuda-holic (up to 3 of them right now).
I presently have a 66 Barracuda that I am dang near finished with. My punchlist is down to about 10 really small items. The car has a completely original interior and I have rebuilt the motor, transmission, and numerous other mechanicals on the car. It also received new paint (dark blue).

Next up is my 68 Barracuda convertible. This car right now is the proverbial basket-case. It does have new paint and I am finally getting around to putting it back together (it's in a million pieces). The car will be a 340 stroker with an automatic when its done. I have the 340, but haven't begun work on it yet.

Last in the Barracuda lineup is a 69 fastback. I JUST bought this car last weekend. It wasn't running, but a new carb and fixing the firing order of the plugs fixed it right up and its running much better. To get it driveable, I just need to put new rear wheel cylinders on it. Plus, I need to pull out the bench seat (originally it was a bucket seat car) because the seat sits about 6 inches to close to the steering wheel for my 6-4 frame. Unfortunately, you can't adjust the seat either because someone installed the dang thing right over the console brackets. The other downside to the car is that it has a 68 front end and taillights. I will probably leave the front end alone and put 69 taillight and trunk panels on it.

I also have a 66 Buick Skylark convertible as well. It was my mom's car for many years. My brother "customized" the front end and it developed some wiring issues, but I will get it back on the road one of these days. Finally, I have a 1930 Model A. I'm going to drop a 354 hemi in it and make a hot rod knockoff of the Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech (I graduated from there in 91). Anyhow, if you want to see any of them, you can find pics at http://www.gojackets.com/cars. I need to put some updated pics of the 66 Cuda out there as those are from back in Sep.

Joatha said:
The other downside to the car is that it has a 68 front end and taillights. I will probably leave the front end alone and put 69 taillight and trunk panels on it.

That would be an upside to me. I wish my 69 Had 68 parts no it.

Welcome aboard.

Another `68 owner.

Excellent...... \:D/ Welcome aboard. If Adam don't want that "`68 stuff" I'll gladly take it off your hands :D

Joatha said:
... I live in Marietta, GA ...
hey man, i really dont live all that far from you. i live in dallas, ga. get in touch with me.. im broke, and dont have a very impressive mopar, but id LOVE to help you out, whatever labor help you need? been trying to find some local mopar owners that i could get in touch with, but the only few ive talked to are too old or too busy.

there is a junk yard down the street from me that is going out of business... grab you some parts maybe.. and, i noticed it to some people a while back and then promptly forgot.... but i have the number of a local guy with lots and lots of moparTS. i also work in a body shop in villa rica, so im constantly surrounded by cars.
we did i 61 thunderbird, its nice, waiting on paint as of last week.

hey man, i really dont live all that far from you. i live in dallas, ga. get in touch with me.. im broke, and dont have a very impressive mopar,

I'm impressed by more than a high dollar car. But, those don't hurt either! :D I actually live in East Cobb. I used to venture out to Dallas pretty regularly for a spin down the Silver Comet. Haven't been out there since the summer this year. Hoping the weather will turn warm (as I look out the window at the snow in my yard this AM) so that I can do some riding again.

but id LOVE to help you out, whatever labor help you need? been trying to find some local mopar owners that i could get in touch with, but the only few ive talked to are too old or too busy.

Well, Lord knows I have PLENTY to do. You know much about 8.75 SureGrips? I have one to put in my convertible with no known history and I am going to need it checked out. Unfortunately, I've got no experience in that arena.

there is a junk yard down the street from me that is going out of business... grab you some parts maybe.. and, i noticed it to some people a while back and then promptly forgot....

Hmmm....the only big thing I might need is the upper control arms and spindles to convert my 69 over to disk brakes. Unless, that is, they have some nice 68/69 rear trunk trim laying around! :p The only other thing I might be looking for is a 360 block, but that project is still years away (putting a 360 in my 69).

but i have the number of a local guy with lots and lots of moparTS.

Would that be the Bayer Boys? Or someone else?

i also work in a body shop in villa rica, so im constantly surrounded by cars.
we did i 61 thunderbird, its nice, waiting on paint as of last week.

Aha....now here is something maybe we could talk about. Can you weld in quarters?

I understand those guys and the busy part, though. I own and run my own network consulting business. Sometimes I got a couple months at a time without much wrenching. I get to missing it, too. But, that's the price you pay. And, that's also how am able to afford my Cuda habit so I don't complain too much! :king:

Since my annual ski trip with my friends got cancelled due to the owner of our ski chalet having a broken jaw, I may take a few days off this spring and just turn a wrench. We'll see......[/quote]

well, ive never welded a quarter in, but if you knew me, that is no set back. no differential experience either... seems like you just picked all the things i dont know..

and as for the local guy, i dont think he is part of a listing or anything.

rabius75 said:
well, ive never welded a quarter in, but if you knew me, that is no set back. no differential experience either... seems like you just picked all the things i dont know..

and as for the local guy, i dont think he is part of a listing or anything.
Well knows your time to learn :salut:

ZOMBIE!! NOOO!! QUICK YOURE ABOUT TO HAVE 666 POSTS! POST PAST IT!!

>_>
<_<
....right

Nice little collection. I happen to have a soft spot for those 66 Buicks. My dad traded in his 65 GTO for a Gran Sport just before I was born. 400, 4 spd, 4:10s Seafoam green post coupe. I asked him why no Mopar, he said they were ugly :shock:

-
Back