I guess, next year....

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Today is Saturday!! And I don't have to work!! I planned on taking the Plymouth down to the dragway to see the difference the 4bbl made in place of the 2bbl, and just have fun. The dragway schedule states "open if weather permits". Today its low 50's and sunshine. I called to be sure before I make the hour trip, and, they're closed for the 2013 season... Time to turn the corner on the up coming holidays and, I guess we'll see next year...

I know how you feel. With everything that went on for my family this summer. I didn't
get a chance to take the car to the strip. I still have to buy a new helmet. Lost it in the
house fire. Bet the price went up on that sense I bought my last!

How does it feel to you with the 4bbl???
It has more "stomp" off the line for sure and pulls a little harder all the way through. Picked up about 3-4 mph in the 1/4 marked out of town. I put the weiand action plus intake on it with a 600 eddy. I know the ports don't match the 318 heads but I will address that after I see what the 4bbl did. It ran 15.9's at 84 mph with the bone stock 318 2bbl.

is it still the stock exhaust with the 4 bbl. or did you upgrade the exhaust too??

is it still the stock exhaust with the 4 bbl. or did you upgrade the exhaust too??
Still stock exhaust manifolds with dual exhaust. Stock gears (2.94 I'm guessing because at the strip I crossed the line in 2nd LOL), and stock tranny.

well the 4 bbl. is a start but wait till you open the exhaust ....that really makes some more roar.....I had stock exhaust on a 318 once and I just took a saw-zall and cut it off and let er' rip straight pipe LOL .....of course I live out in the boonies where nobody cares. :-?

either way ...just because the track is closed don't mean you cant still have some fun with it ......these cars are like 1 to 1 scale model cars you can build however you like ....so just keep the fun going with it :D

well the 4 bbl. is a start but wait till you open the exhaust ....that really makes some more roar.....I had stock exhaust on a 318 once and I just took a saw-zall and cut it off and let er' rip straight pipe LOL .....of course I live out in the boonies where nobody cares. :-?

either way ...just because the track is closed don't mean you cant still have some fun with it ......these cars are like 1 to 1 scale model cars you can build however you like ....so just keep the fun going with it :D
LOL ! Harleys can be as loud as they want but CARS better sound like battery operated vehicles or every cop stares!!! I have built several very cheap "rockn" small blocks. I'm going to take a different approach to this project just as you mentioned, "for fun"! Still cruisn the car

LOL ! Harleys can be as loud as they want but CARS better sound like battery operated vehicles or every cop stares!!!

X2 here, never did get this, the damn things kill my ears as they pass with open throttle and my ears ring for hours after, heaven forbid if I did that in a car, I would be in jail.

Glad it feels better with the new upgrades. Find some better flowing manifolds and maybe a 3:55 gear and it will wake it up a lot!!!

-
Back