I hate not having a garage!

-

DoubleADuster

Reaction score
Just wanted to vent a little.

We have gotten 30 inches of snow! and more on the way. My poor duster and my dads charger are stuck outside. I really wish I had a garage. I'm tired of geting little to no work done on my project just because of winter. If I had a garage I could be snowed in there with my car, food, tools and finish replaceing all the front end bushings and other parts that I ordered in october! Winter=Lame

~
Aaron

LOL, its a bit tight, I'd take any size as long as I had room to get the wheels off. Now I'm getting kinda picky lol

My garage is rotted so we are in the process of rebuilding it so we have a little easy-up type of thing over my car but it falls down whenever there is wind or rain. lol

$200 and this is the second year and after the worse ice storm on record last year

SUPER BOWL IVIV 2010 024.jpg

Plenty of room and it keeps the twigs and bird poop of of her

4390dual%20exhaust%20004.jpg

I have a 3 car garage (parents house), but I can't store my car in it :angry7: so I feel your pain (except for the major snow storm part). Only time it goes inside is if it's about to hail or if a tornado is on the way.
Has anyone tried to use a car cover, and lay a few tarps around the car and pull up the snow when your ready to work? Or does everything just freeze solid and create a worse scenario?

@memike I have been considering geting something similar to your set up, but now my dad is considering building one of those steel garage kits when he gets taxes/ a possible bonus from work so, I'm praying that works out. Otherwise next winter I will have something like you have and I'll probably live in it lol.

I got one in a 10x20 storage unit thats has no power 5 mins down the road. Since next door neighboor is head my bs community watch. Every time I go outside to work on it she would come outside and see whats going on and call town officals. So went and pay every month for it to sit in storage building.

I rent a garage. I found a large place not far from the house for $35 a month. I do have to share with 2 other guys. One guy just stores his boat, I've never seen him, and the other has a concrete business and stores his equipment. The only real complaint I have, is concrete guy is a slob. He leaves his tools and equipment lying around. Re-bar lying around, but for $35 a month, you get what you pay for. I thought about the tarp garage, but I'm weary of that. Dad had one cave in with a snow load.

You might want to check into one of those aluminum car ports. They are for sale all over the place around here for $700 for an 18x21x8 high (installed). Almost every used car dealer is selling them around here.

Then you could just put tarps around it, or get some cheap corrugated metal for around it. At least it would keep the snow and rain off, and they last forever.

Here's what they look like.

http://www.absoluterv.com/Carport_Kits.htm

I gotta a car port and it keeps most of the rain and hot summer sun off but its nothin compared to a garage, my dad has 2-2car garages wit heat,a/c and tv but it a 25 min drive each way and its a pain, maybe i may try to close in the car port with walls and a door but then it wold be hard to work around the car, but it may be worth doig to preserve the car from all the humidity from the coast, Sorry to you guys burried in all that snow we dont get snow down here so i shouldnt comlain.

-
Back