I hate to ask but

-
i am at my shop right now it says in alldata it has a security system if you want give me a fax number and i will send it to you

i am at my shop right now it says in alldata it has a security system if you want give me a fax number and i will send it to you

No fax here bro,nothing thanks tho,so even if a used switch with matching key is installed it still has to be coded?

it has to be learned to the car pm your phone# and ican give you the steps to do it

it has to be learned to the car pm your phone# and ican give you the steps to do it

Just got off the Phone with My girl Toni her friend say she has someone to fix it,so at this point I am stalled,going to sit back and see were this goes now,if I still need your help I will e mail ya a big thanksss .

Put the key in the ignition and tap the end with a small hammer. Not hard, but gentle taps to let the tumbler springs seat the tumblers. This is not an uncommon problem, more so with newer Mopars unfortunately. If you need to replace the ignition switch and it has a Passlock Safety system, it is an early model and ... don't quote me because I don't remember the exact timing, but ... you replace the switch and turn the ignition switch to the 'on' position for twenty minutes, making sure the battery does not lose power. Then turn the ignition to 'off' and then back to 'on' for 12 minutes. That is what reprograms the older ones. Newer cars need to be programmed with a Tech II scanner.

-
Back