I Hate to Say This (I Really Don't)

-

retroron

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend and I were coming back from a shake down cruise to the coast last Sunday (Half Moon Bay, CA) prepatory to Hot August nights in Reno. So after a great day, with a lunch of oysters and streamed clams, we headed home (Livermore, CA). About 20 miles from home, the sway bar link came free of the front tubular sway bar (right side ) and pole vaulted into the right front inner tie rod assembly and bent the tie rod, sheared the bumpsteer sleeve and bent the lower control arm drag link connector. Luckily we weren't going all that fast and got the car off the road with out barrel rolling it. The Dart has a Magnum Force front end, so Monday I called Magnum Force to ask for their help in obtaining a replacement bumpsteer sleeve so I could fix the car. I was asked for pictures so I sent 2 or 3. I didn't get a response so I called MF. I was told "we never sold a part like that". Interesting, because the person who told me that was the person who loaded the K member tubular front end in my pickup when I bought it. The person refused to help and hung up on me. Twenty two hours of Internet time later I found a what appears to be a replacement sleeve from RaceCraft.
So my weekend at Reno Hot August Night are done. So is the $1100.00 in hotel and registration fees I paid.
SO IF ANYONE ASKS THE QUESTION MAGNUM FORCE OR RMS ALTERKATION, you should opt for RMS, because Magnum Force will not be there for you if you need help. In fact they don't seem to give a ****. And I don't know anyone at RMS never talked them, But I sure wish I had. Put more simply, "stay away from Magnum Force".

4JQo%+qATG6CGwGd2WIPNg.jpg

8ZrPQ3dER6W%pukCUI+PZQ.jpg

Last edited:
your not the first guy to have problems with their products .

I have read a lot of this on mag. force. I have talked to them long distance a couple of times , they were helpful , but sold me some things I had to re machine to use .
If I ever change my m.f. front end out it will be back to stock ====

I just asked for their help in getting replacement parts. I didn't ask for free parts I didn't accuse them of anything, and I wasn't rude or nasty. In fact when I bought the front suspension I dropped about $9600.00 at their store. Their attitude is "F" you. I'd run as far from M.F as fast I could.

Call the owner. Was he the guy that showed up on that TV show to help install his front end? What piece is that exactly, as I dont recall seeing heim joints on a street car suspension? ooh, I see it now, off the rack. you broke the tie rod adjuster?

Last edited:
If I was gonna go with a different front suspension/k member, @HemiDenny would be my only choice. The guy is an active member, makes great stuff and ls always accessible. Right here in the forum. It would take a bottle full of stupid pills to make me use anyone else.

Last edited:
They are right down the street from me. I went to their shop one time and i will never go back.....

Call the owner. Was he the guy that showed up on that TV show to help install his front end? What piece is that exactly, as I dont recall seeing heim joints on a street car suspension? ooh, I see it now, off the rack. you broke the tie rod adjuster?
Yep, when the sway bar detached it pole vaulted into the inner tie rod and sheared the sleeve.

I just asked for their help in getting replacement parts. I didn't ask for free parts I didn't accuse them of anything, and I wasn't rude or nasty. In fact when I bought the front suspension I dropped about $9600.00 at their store. Their attitude is "F" you. I'd run as far from M.F as fast I could.

I have never got the f.u. out of them at all !
$9600 / I GAVE $1900 PLUS SHIPPING , no real problems w/ it , except it drives like a drag car . And I do keep a pretty close eye on it. Think the engine not being mounted to it probly helps the strength . ???

If you'd called me and asked for a bump steer sleeve, I would not have known what to give you.

If you'd called me and asked for a bump steer sleeve, I would not have known what to give you.
Until I started researching the internet to find a replacement part I had never heard of a bumpsteer sleeve either. All of that could have been avoided if M.F had given me the name of the part or the vendor or something. When I called I wasn't rude or nasty, I didn't ask for free parts, didn't curse anyone, I just asked for help. I'm not interested in shaming anyone, and yes, I do know who he person is and their name. What I want people to know is if you buy from them there is no support and no help.

A friend and I were coming back from a shake down cruise to the coast last Sunday (Half Moon Bay, CA) prepatory to Hot August nights in Reno. So after a great day, with a lunch of oysters and streamed clams, we headed home (Livermore, CA). About 20 miles from home, the sway bar link came free of the front tubular sway bar (right side ) and pole vaulted into the right front inner tie rod assembly and bent the tie rod, sheared the bumpsteer sleeve and bent the lower control arm drag link connector. Luckily we weren't going all that fast and got the car off the road with out barrel rolling it. The Dart has a Magnum Force front end, so Monday I called Magnum Force to ask for their help in obtaining a replacement bumpsteer sleeve so I could fix the car. I was asked for pictures so I sent 2 or 3. I didn't get a response so I called MF. I was told "we never sold a part like that". Interesting, because the person who told me that was the person who loaded the K member tubular front end in my pickup when I bought it. The person refused to help and hung up on me. Twenty two hours of Internet time later I found a what appears to be a replacement sleeve from RaceCraft.
So my weekend at Reno Hot August Night are done. So is the $1100.00 in hotel and registration fees I paid.
SO IF ANYONE ASKS THE QUESTION MAGNUM FORCE OR RMS ALTERKATION, you should opt for RMS, because Magnum Force will not be there for you if you need help. In fact they don't seem to give a ****. And I don't know anyone at RMS never talked them, But I sure wish I had. Put more simply, "stay away from Magnum Force".

View attachment 1715375081

View attachment 1715375082
I have RMS Alterkation front and rear set up. Good quality and good to deal with.

-
Back