I have a confession to make.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Might as well get it over with so you guys can get started on me. :D
I'm putting a Mustang Cobrajet design hood scoop on my car to see if I want it permanent.

It's a "beak" car anyway, so how much worse could it get right?
If I end up wanting to keep it I'll build one out of glass using this one as a mold and mold it right into the hood, but for right now I won't be cutting anything.
I will paint the scoop body color and put some chrome screen in the opening.
Later on if it stays and I make the new one I will cut the hood for it then, but I want to build a weatherproof door inside it that I can close from inside the car.
Maybe choke cable controlled or something along that line to keep water out when it rains.

Cobrajet.jpg

dart2a.jpg

ohhh kaaaay... well, you put it out there... you're putting a WHAT on your Dart!!! is that one of those non-functional stick on units!? man - did you smoke some extra crack last night~? what's next - a Camaro rear spoiler?

ohhh kaaaay... well, you put it out there... you're putting a WHAT on your Dart!!! is that one of those non-functional stick on units!? man - did you smoke some extra crack last night~? what's next - a Camaro rear spoiler?

You're not very good at this (give someone ****) stuff are you? :D
Either that or you are holding back.

Yea, it's a stick on that didn't cost much that I can use for the mold to make a glass permanent and functional one with.
At 2 inches high it's the one single design I liked that I feel would look good on a beaker.

My car has always been a "whatever I want and works car" so it's not like I have any brand loyalty on function and looks anyway.

It's gotta look better then those silly cowl induction hoods "some people" run

And if it makes you feel any better, I'm about to buy something with a Chevy engine in it...so I guess I got mine coming too

mostly holding back - - I mean, I wouldn't want to hurt your feelings or anything as you seem so pleased with your little fakey Ford scoop...

It's gotta look better then those silly cowl induction hoods "some people" run

And if it makes you feel any better, I'm about to buy something with a Chevy engine in it...so I guess I got mine coming too
LOL - - you mean like - - um... humm... I dunno.. those ones that actually work and allow the 400+hp engine to actually get some fresh air?

nuckin' futz isn't it!!? next thing you know "someone" will put a Ford 9" under a Scamp or something.. talk about completely off the reservation!

O K you screwed up and NOW we will have to de-moat ( like pro-moat) but going the odder way. further punishment: you will also be required to run Pennsoil in ya motors.

an your avatar says 'slightly twisted", NOW this makes ya wayyyyyyy twisted!!!! next thing ya know know ya will be driving a Nisan to work!???????????????? Ha hahahahahhahaha

at least paint the thing black so it's *ahem* - cool.. of course you'll need a big ol' Chebby stripe on the hood too...

mostly holding back - - I mean, I wouldn't want to hurt your feelings or anything as you seem so pleased with your little fakey Ford scoop...

That's a little better, but I think you must think I think what others think is more important than it is to me. :D
I did say if I liked the look I would make one out of better material and make it functional.
(Actually more functional than most if I make it so it has a closable weatherproof door inside it) :D

O K you screwed up and NOW we will have to de-moat ( like pro-moat) but going the odder way. further punishment: you will also be required to run Pennsoil in ya motors.

an your avatar says 'slightly twisted", NOW this makes ya wayyyyyyy twisted!!!! next thing ya know know ya will be driving a Nisan to work!???????????????? Ha hahahahahhahaha

I did drive a Nissan before I got my Dart, but it was a pickup.
Pennsoil ain't happenin in ANYTHING I own. (Nasty waxy crap)

oh no - I don't think that you think that what I think is any more important than what you're thinking.. I'm just wondering what you're thinking!? :lol:

Cool. I think having a little door on it would be interesting, and shouldn't be that hard to fabricate either.
COOL!? don't encourage him (as if it will have an effect either way) - poop on it - give him a hard time - tell him he's a wacko!! It's a crapo wacko idea - we're sending the Mopar Mafia out there to take ALL his Mopars away just for THINKING of such blasphemy!

COOL!? don't encourage him (as if it will have an effect either way) - poop on it - give him a hard time - tell him he's a wacko!! It's a crapo wacko idea - we're sending the Mopar Mafia out there to take ALL his Mopars away just for THINKING of such blasphemy!

If he puts the scoop on and it looks atrocious, then I'll tell him he's a wacko and it was a stupid idea. I think most of us here are at least a little crazy anyways so I'm not going to start sharpening my pitchfork just yet because his idea just might be crazy enough to work :D What's the worst that could happen?

You probably would have said all that a long time ago if you had seen my car before.
It looks fairly normal on the outside, but inside and other places you can't see it's almost outrageous.
Wireless touchscreen navigation internet and music flips down from the roof
One off carbon fiber dash caps and custom one off gauge enclosures
All custom one off white faced LED lit speedometer and cluster gauges.
Billet aluminum and black vinyl 3 spoke steering wheel from )Big Dog)
All LED lighting save the headlights (Relay kit on the lights)
Recaro sport 11 way adjustable buckets ( two color black and red custom covered)
Power door locks
4 point cam release harnesses (and normal belts)
Promatic 2 floor shifted
Part throttle kickdown kit and modified trans flows (old trans) new one is a 42rh
5 volt regulated charging supply for accessories
self resetting relays instead of fusable links
Bulkhead charging system bypass and volt gauge
Fully automatic thermostatic controlled electric cooling
All red poly bushings
1.03 torsion bars
2x3 welded subframe connectors
And on and on.

Hell it's barely a Mopar anymore, but ask anyone who knows it or has driven it. :D

Last edited:
Well, if it's opinions you want, ...... "NAW"..... but hey, it's yours :)

I gotta go and actually do some work now.
Not on the car today but the kind that actually makes money. :D

I say slap it on there, paint it white and add the old AMC decal "air goes here (arrow)"

that alone oughta add 20 HP

What you're doing might be better than this fad.........

StripesLRear.jpg

100_4107_640x480.jpg

Might as well, hell, "everybody's" doin' it!!

Picture_010_6.jpg

-
Back