I Have Seen The Future of Chrysler And....

-

6770Dartman

Reaction score
It is this Fiat. Saw this car in NYC today on my way home from work. A film crew was shooting it for a commercial or promo tape. This is the Fiat 500 which Fiat plans on building in Chrysler's Mexican factory. They then plan on building Alfa Romeo's and then will down size Dodge and then???????

Fiat 1 new.jpg

Fiat 2 new.jpg

Those things are all over the place in Switzerland. Don't seem like a bad little car and it may hit the fuel saver crowd...

Those things are all over the place in Switzerland. Don't seem like a bad little car and it may hit the fuel saver crowd...
Listen, we all know that the Obama team has read Chrysler and GM the riot act and those two companies will do ANYTHING to keep the government happy and off their backs.

As every one goes green and wants to save money on gas car coumpanys are going to need cars like that in the line up. That should be good for Chrysler who is going under because all they have in the line up is two ton tanks.

Yeah, but can you imagine being rammed by an SUV......or ANY other car for that matter........

You know something, I value my life, my arms & legs, my innards, etc.......That thing doesn't hold out much hope to protect any of the above very well.

If all of us out there were the same size, wouldn't be too bad......like bumper cars........but this looks like a case of a Volkswagen Beetle against a Coupe DeVille.

Don't know. Just don't know. :read2:

I have alot of people in my motorcycle club tell me they wouldn't have a car like that because of lack of protection , I'm like WTF. I would have one , but not for a trip over 20 miles , a few years ago I had a Saturn , it was great on gas but it sucked getting in and out of it , I couldn't imagine how cramped some of these micro cars are.

If you are really concerned about safety then you wouldn't be driving an A-body. A minivan or even a Neon is a lot safer than any A-body unless it's got a full cage and really good 5-point belts. I'm used to these old cars because that's what I've always had but the new cars are really much better in an impact. Did anyone see the new Impala and I think it was a 1960 Impala offset impact video?

Listen, we all know that the Obama team has read Chrysler and GM the riot act and those two companies will do ANYTHING to keep the government happy and off their backs.

Forget the government, each company wants to sell cars. Gotta start somewhere!

THEY ARE OWNED BY THE GOVERMENT........THEY NEED NOT WORRY ABOUT KEEPING THE GOVERMENT OFF THERE BACKS! Sorry for yelling....only 3 years left...........:thebirdm:

I'll take my full framed Ram 4x4 over all of the mentioned cars. I can't imagine trying to get my big butt in that little car. I don't fit in to many new cars.

Jack

My local Dodge dealer finally moved down the street in with the Chrysler and Jeep store (owned by the same company). Kind of sad, it will be wierd to see a Caravan nameplate on a Chrysler van. The only cars Dodge will sell are sports cars. Ram will become its own name brand, Chrysler will have all the family cars. Right now Fiat is not under the umbrella they can have there own dealership.

Gonna be a strange next few years I think.....

Yeah, but can you imagine being rammed by an SUV......or ANY other car for that matter........

You know something, I value my life, my arms & legs, my innards, etc.......That thing doesn't hold out much hope to protect any of the above very well.

If all of us out there were the same size, wouldn't be too bad......like bumper cars........but this looks like a case of a Volkswagen Beetle against a Coupe DeVille.

Don't know. Just don't know. :read2:

I don't think it's really that much smaller than some of the things they are selling already so it should be fine. Like to see one in person though.

I still have a good feeling about Chrysler in fiat.... course i doubt we could fit a new hemi in one of those...

64TopolinoHemi.jpg

If you are really concerned about safety then you wouldn't be driving an A-body. A minivan or even a Neon is a lot safer than any A-body unless it's got a full cage and really good 5-point belts. I'm used to these old cars because that's what I've always had but the new cars are really much better in an impact. Did anyone see the new Impala and I think it was a 1960 Impala offset impact video?

Sadly I am willing to be that yer right. That little thing probably has more of a chance to save our lives in an accident than factory dart does.

I'm actually glad to see that little car and I hope they start building them. Chrysler needs little cars like that.

My local Dodge dealer finally moved down the street in with the Chrysler and Jeep store (owned by the same company). Kind of sad, it will be wierd to see a Caravan nameplate on a Chrysler van. The only cars Dodge will sell are sports cars. Ram will become its own name brand, Chrysler will have all the family cars. Right now Fiat is not under the umbrella they can have there own dealership.

Gonna be a strange next few years I think.....

Ram is going to be it's own brand?

hey if it helps with the gas mileage standards that chrysler has to meet on average across the boards then so be it. it looks like about the same size as a volkswagen beetle of today. i could almost see them re nameing it the neon.

Ram is going to be it's own brand?

Yeah kind of like how GMC is its own brand. I think it has something to do when the Dodge Ram and Chevrolet make this hybrid power wagon suburban deal that has been talked about. Basically the Dodge Ram will be its own division. It used to be like that years ago, don't know why it got absorbed in the first place. I hate so say it but they are going in the right direction, one car with one name plate. Like the Dodge Strattus and Chrysler Sirrius same dang car. Dodge Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country, heck if you give one car all the bells and wistles from both models it might be a cool car.

I did over hear though that the 300 will stay on as a luxury car.... who knows what will happen in the end.... Just as long as we don't go the way of Desoto, Fargo and Plymouth...

I honestly don't mind everything going under the chrysler nameplate... still the same deal with a different badge. I'm waiting to see what else Fiat lets them build.

My "rich" Brother -in Law, Just Traded His Lincoln Pick-up In On A New Dodge 1500 Ram. He Loves This Truck. He Told Me That Its Twice The Truck His Lincoln Was. His Lincoln Was Less Than A Year Old. He Almost Bought The Dodge Before He Bought The Lincoln To Begin With. But This Was His First Pick-up Purchase. He Has Always Driven High End Imports. The Bottom Line Is, All He Ever Hear About The Chrysler Stuff Was The Negative. Nobody Seems To Want To Give Chrysler A Try. I Have Written Service In A Toyota Store, & We Had Our Share Of Buy Buck Lemon Camry's & Turdras Sitting On The Back Line. I Guess What Bothers Me The Most, Is The Mind Set That These Imports Are That Much Better Than The Domestics. I Just Don't See It. Now For The Future Of Chyrsler, If It Survives, It Will Just Be A Shadow Of Its Former Self. Since 1998, It Has Been Raped, Driven Into The Ground & **** On From Management To Marketing. That Is Going To Be Hard To Overcome.

Annnnnnd you just sucked all of the positive energy out of the thread, lol.

I love Dodge trucks. I have a 77 Adventurer, I love it. My trouble is with todays market and todays "folks" is that trucks are more like a big car with an open trunk. There not used as trucks at all. Any owner that wants a DVD in the back seat of there 4 door truck is nuts in my opinion. A truck to me is 2 doors, single cab, cab and a half at the very most. A no **** 8 foot bed, Diesl engine with a 6 speed transmission, and a tow package. I don't need power windows and Navigation and heated *** seats and automatic dimming rear view mirrors and leather seats and all that crap. I need a dang truck that can handle a huge payload and tow anything imaginable ok a 30 foot enclosed car trailer....

Tell me this has anyone ever seen a brand new truck up at the dump with a ton of crap in it? No because they cost way to much to risk the damage to them

Get these candy *** trucks out of here!!!!

Sorry had to vent...... why is it to build this truck cost me 39,000?

Back in 1991 I bought my first NEW car. A Suzuki Swift. It had a rough, crappy ride but it was the most reliable car that I have ever owned. I was doing courier work with it and drove the crap out of that little car. It would take all the abuse I could give it. Probably the same size as that Fiat. My Suzuki was totaled in an accident 5 years later. Barrel rolled it about 10 times. Despite not wearing a seatbelt, I walked away without a scratch. I can only hope this Fiat can compare with my old Suzuki..... well hopefully with a better ride. As soon as the economy picks up and gas prices start to rise, I can see them selling a ton of these.

Swift.jpg

As a payer of federal income taxes, I am still waiting for my share of payback, principal and interest, from my loan to GM and Chrysler. What? I just heard today that the two companies would never be able to raise that amount of money as long as most of us are alive, if ever. Who could have guessed? I suppose it will be Government Motors forever.

You're comparing apples to oranges. My A-Body is one %$#@ of a lot safer than that piece of cardboard.

If I was worried about "safety" I wouldn't be driving an A-Body?........I'm a LOT safer where I am than in that little T-bag. I'm a good driver, and a defensive one..I trust NO one....that's why I'm still here more than likely.....But I'd have to be a blithering idiot to drive that tiny Tim go-kart in real traffic. :angry7:

-
Back