I have the bucket seat blues

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
I sold my bench seat from my duster to another fabo member a little while back in plans on going to bucket seats.

I have searched my local junk yards high and low and they all have an abundance of cloth seats or tan or grey leather seats but I want black leather bucket seats.....I would prefer power just to add some extra creature comforts to my "old school" duster.

but no luck.

I found some bucket racing seats through summit that I can afford which one set is the summit brand and the other set is from Scat/procar .

I already plan on making my own seat mounting brackets so any seat bolt pattern just about is fine with me.

anyhow...just venting lol....no luck finding what I "want" so it looksl ike I may go with the racing seats that summitracing.com has to offer....its not that I don't like them...they will do just fine, I was just hoping to find a more cushy regular styled bucket seat and power would have been cool too.

I may wait it out a bit longer and see what I can find but right now my interior progress is at a stand still until I get seats to put in it.

If the Sable I have for sale does not go by tomorrow night I am scrapping it. If you are interested it has power burgandy buckets . I would give you a good price and am not far for you to pick them up.

Thanks for the offer but I am looking for black leather and don't want to run seat covers or vinyl dye them.

But thank you for the offer, I appreciate it

I have searched my local junk yards high and low and they all have an abundance of cloth seats or tan or grey leather seats but I want black leather bucket seats.....I would prefer power just to add some extra creature comforts to my "old school" duster.

but no luck.

I found some bucket racing seats through summit that I can afford which one set is the summit brand and the other set is from Scat/procar .

why not get a grey set and dye them.. that spray dye does a great job and looks great..

the pro car seats are nice man..

I would start looking for wrecked or junked out BMWs. It's been awhile but someone actually ran across a set and they was installed in the a-body. Looked really good, leather, electric, and heated if I'm not mistaken. The other day I mentioned it about the seats in a newer BMW that we changed the front windshield. I told my friend that those seats sure would look good in my cuda. Then I mentioned that someone had already did it. Man you talking about comfortable also, had the flares on the sides to keep in a person in place while doing donuts. lol

HAHAHA not many BMW's in this area.

I have found some decent seats but I would have to make a trip to get them and by the time I spent the money for gas in the 5.9 durango to get there,plus bought the seats,plus the money for gas to get back....I might as well have just bought new procar seats or something.

as for the vinyl dye....its ok, I will be using vinyl dye for the back seat but for a front seat it will be getting alot of use and those paint just don't seem to hold up to normal use and I dont want to be pulling my seats every year to repaint them.

as for the seats summit has that I am looking at...here are the links to the two different sets I may get.

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/sum-g1159-2_w.jpg

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/sca-80-1605-61l_w.jpg

If the seats are real leather, you dont use vinyl dye, you use leather dye and its permenent.
Talk to the folks at Tandy Leather.
It might open another option for you
Andrew

Forgot to update the thread I guess......I found a couple of brand new black leather power seats on craigslist for $100.00 !!! 2 hours from where I live.

I scored a really great deal on them.

They came out of an 08 or 09 acura tl type S

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

But thank you for keeping an eye out and trying to help me out, I appreciate it!

great looking seats

Thanks.....even if I paid $300 or $400 I think it would have been a great deal.....but for $100.00...I think I stole em lol.

they are power seats,heated seats and have side air bags but I clipped the air bag wires because I didnt want to pop them off on accident during the process of wiring the seats up for power and I clipped the heated seat wiring because it will be a summer car any how.

Nothing will be a true black like the vynil found in our classics.

I got some E body Cuda/challenger buckets I ain't gonna use.

I been looking around at auto, paint, junk yards, etc... for some leather seats while I work (auto glass installer .... we do alot of mobiles) and have not found the right seats. Im looking for something comfortable, high back, and keeps you in the seat. The stock seats are none of the above. I don't like the fact the stock seats in my cuda don't have a head rest in case I get rear ended. I thought about the Summit seats but something just told me to hold off. I have also looked at some high end aftermarket seats but they're around the 600 or 700 area.

Another member earlier posted a couple ebay links to some pretty decent looking seats.

but I deffinetly say hold out and keep your eyes on craigslist because you never know what kind of deals are going to pop up.

being in michigan I keep tabs on the detroit craigslist because so many different manufacturers are automotive related and I can catch good deals.

I remember once about 4 years ago I found an add fro some new optima red top batteries....the guy worked at the factory and some how managed to get them due do a scratch in the plastic case and they were considered less than perfect to the company so they were rejects.

anyhow, we got 10 new optima red top batteries for $120.00 !!!!!

also picked up on some other good deals here and there.....just goes to show that even with as much as a hassle craigslist can be at times, theres still good deals on there.

you said you work in glass mullinax? you wouldnt be able to tell me on average what a glass shop would charge for a 72 duster windshield would you? not including install

Another member earlier posted a couple ebay links to some pretty decent looking seats.

but I deffinetly say hold out and keep your eyes on craigslist because you never know what kind of deals are going to pop up.

being in michigan I keep tabs on the detroit craigslist because so many different manufacturers are automotive related and I can catch good deals.

I remember once about 4 years ago I found an add fro some new optima red top batteries....the guy worked at the factory and some how managed to get them due do a scratch in the plastic case and they were considered less than perfect to the company so they were rejects.

anyhow, we got 10 new optima red top batteries for $120.00 !!!!!

also picked up on some other good deals here and there.....just goes to show that even with as much as a hassle craigslist can be at times, theres still good deals on there.

you said you work in glass mullinax? you wouldnt be able to tell me on average what a glass shop would charge for a 72 duster windshield would you? not including install

Sorry but I don't do the billing etc... just the install. Depending on what type insurance you have but most of the time comprehensive will cover the windshield if it has been damaged. I could find out for you if you like. I will ask Monday if I don't forget which is a 98% possibility. lol

-
Back