i heard a "POP"

-
Thanks for answering that question.

If I was you I would call Dynamic converters. Go with whatever they tell you. Talk to Sean.

I'll 2nd that. Sean knows his stuff and asks all the right questions about your car and intended use.

Just for grins, ask TCI if thier converter is warrantied to 8k. :) If they will replace it, sell it and get the Dynamic.

Don't tell them it went to 8k. That is pro-stock teritory and they run a manual trans... Top fuel only hits about 7.5k.

You need to pull that trans apart and inspect it , if the convertor is failing it's probably sending metal through out the trans and it will need to be flushed out. Take a good look at the rear support, thats the return from the cooler circuit which is fed from the convertor , you'll need to flush out the trans cooler and lines also .

Ok i removed the transmission and to my surprise the fluid inside was perfectly clean & there wasnt any bits of metal in the pan,

The converter looks clean too.

the outer input shaft of the transmission wiggles a tiny bit though, i dont know if this is normal or not because im no trans expert.

the outer input shaft of the transmission wiggles a tiny bit though, i dont know if this is normal or not because im no trans expert.

I bet it is inside the torque converter. I had one go bad on my Ford truck years ago I used to own. No metal shaveings, fluid looked ok, etc....

The problem I had was the torque converter would "shudder" this might be the same as you describe "rough".

No i havent called lenny, im pretty much set on a manual trans. I just hope the 727 isnt hurt & its just the converter that went bad

Will a stock converter work in a reverse pattern race 727?

-
Back