I installed a TransGo tf-3 manual valve body kit and took pictures along the way.

-

Corrupt_Reverend

Reaction score
After finishing my 904 rebuild, I installed a TransGo tf-3 manual valve body kit.

The whole process is really quite simple, but the instructions are kind of convoluted so I decided to take pictures along the way in hope that they might help someone else doing the conversion, or maybe just help people take the plunge by showing how easy it really is.

Here's a link to the album with descriptions

I tried to get pictures of everything and explained it as best I could. If you see anything that needs to be corrected, please let me know.

Also, there may be steps left out (or things you don't need to do) for your exact valve body since there are a few differences from year to year and model to model.

This kit was installed in an A-904 that came from a 1972 Dart Custom Sedan.

When you see it in this format it sure makes it look a lot easier than when you read through the instructions. The only thing I would have done differently is to remove all valves and springs and such and clean every part of the valve body spic and span. Any small piece of debris from drilling can scar a valve causing problems. Sludge isn't good either. When it comes to valve bodies it pays to be a neat freak. Don't take these comments as being critical, just informational

For sure. It was cleaned out after each drilling etc and a final cleaning before going back in. (not a full on dip in a parts washer, but thorough enough to ensure I'm not worried about any wayward filings. )

I'll add a note to the effect of what you said in the gallery. Thanks! :)

For sure. It was cleaned out after each drilling etc and a final cleaning before going back in. (not a full on dip in a parts washer, but thorough enough to ensure I'm not worried about any wayward filings. )

I'll add a note to the effect of what you said in the gallery. Thanks! :)

Ok. For some odd reason after I got about 1/2 way through the pictures they wouldn't load anymore. I could see them real small up top but they just wouldn't come up big in the main window. Maybe it was due to that why I couldn't see it was good and clean in the end

Dude. Copy that to the forum so they can ad it to the how to section.

I can do that if you guys think it'd be helpful.

Do I just make a new thread in this subforum and upload all the pictures to it and add in the descriptions?

Yes. Then ask a mod to move it to the how to section. Hopefully.

Alright. It's done. Should I delete this thread or just let it die on it's own?

Also, how do I message a mod?

Alright. It's done. Should I delete this thread or just let it die on it's own?

Also, how do I message a mod?

You can't delete a thread. Only a staff member can do that. Click on a moderator's screen name and a drop down menu will appear and on of the options will be "send a message". Click on it, tell them what you want and your good to go

-
Back