I just put 15' of rope into my motor!

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
The truck started running crappy so I pulled the valve cover and found that I had a busted valve spring. I didn't have the little fitting to hook the air compressor up to the motor so I called my dad and he said to cram some rope in the spark plug hole then turn the motor over by hand until it stops then you can pull the spring without the valve falling into the cylinder.

100_6248.jpg

100_6249.jpg

100_6251.jpg

100_6250.jpg

It's fixed and back on the road now and the rope worked great!:cheers:

awesome!

i like cheating tricks like that.... i have a long flat blade screwdriver that i bent to do the same thing. i have 100 or so special tools and some are disposable coat hanger tools too.

also top dead centre and a phillips head screw driver with a kink in it works a treat too,

good save

Old school at its finest. Done it many times myself. Works great.

but aren't Dads great!8)

Mine is only good for car info. The last time we were around each other and there wasn't a car involved I was 16 and he thretend to kick my *** then he ended up on the kitchen floor with a steak knife to his neck. Lesson learned for both of us, no car no talking! If there is a car involved we get along great:-D

Yeah, that's a great low-buck trick, until the rope manages to loop itself into a knot and you have to pull the head to get the rope out.
I made a tool similar to bremeric. Compressed air is the only way to go.

-
Back