I know I know...stock brakes?

-

J & N's DaR/T

Reaction score
I know most of you will be wide eyed after this........I'm looking for new brake shoes for my Dart and there is different sizes. How do I know which size to by? IE theres 9" x 2.5", 10" X 2 1/4", 9" X 2".....I have a 72 dart 318 V8 w/ factory stock rally rims. Thanks in advance for any answers!

i just measured my old pads. my 73 318 autos rear pads were the 10x2 1/4 I think. not positive though. the 10 and 9 measurement is the diameter of the drum i belive. also dont forget to put the new pads on the right way.

Your V8 car, if it does not have front discs, has 10" front and rear drums.

Yes,this is true of my 70 Dart.It came equipped with 318/904 and 8 3/4. The brakes were manual drum and are 10" all the way around.It actually stopped O.K! It did not like braking down a 10 degree slope with a trailer on the back.The brakes were smoking when we finally got it to stop...

Drums never warped though. The shoes did crack however.

i just measured my old pads. my 73 318 autos rear pads were the 10x2 1/4 I think. not positive though. the 10 and 9 measurement is the diameter of the drum i belive. also dont forget to put the new pads on the right way.
Nice! It was 10x2 1/4.......Thanks for the help, no more pigs under the car!

-
Back