i know its a b body but,under $10,000

-

jdsduster

Reaction score
looked for years for a 66-67 b body,coronet,belvedere,ect.in reallity,can i expect to find a good big block 2 door hardtop.not rusted out junk or bondo buggy,all there,driving car for under 10k?like i said,ive looked for years and cant find any.they are 5k piece of **** or 20k restored.

looked for years for a 66-67 b body,coronet,belvedere,ect.in reallity,can i expect to find a good big block 2 door hardtop.not rusted out junk or bondo buggy,all there,driving car for under 10k?like i said,ive looked for years and cant find any.they are 5k piece of **** or 20k restored.

66/7 yes ....I have seen a few GTX cars that were decent under 10K

if you were asking the same thing about 68-70 then I would say no.......but for some reason 66/7 does not usually go as high and they don't get the same attention as 68-70

so I would say yes, if you take your time searching a decent 66/7 coronet or Satellite or a charger if your into that, can be had for under 10k

Well if you find a nicely restored one for 20k jump on it! you know they spent way more than 20k to restore it.

66/7 yes ....I have seen a few GTX cars that were decent under 10K

if you were asking the same thing about 68-70 then I would say no.......but for some reason 66/7 does not usually go as high and they don't get the same attention as 68-70

so I would say yes, if you take your time searching a decent 66/7 coronet or Satellite or a charger if your into that, can be had for under 10k

ive looked for years.hook me up then

66-7 B bodies, bring no where near the 68-70 breeds. the coronets seem to go cheaper than its ply brothern. no reason you can't find a really nice one for under 10 k especially if it has a 318.
matters not what someone spent on it really. IMO

Sold my 67 Coronet 500, last year, 318 auto buckets console in excellent shape for $8500 cdn. I was the second owner. They are out there although you may have to travel a bit.

I think I can get you a pretty good deal on a 68 Chrysler 440/727. Runs, drives and stops pretty good. Reasonably nice original interior. Drive it anywhere. Rear springs are soft. I did not see any bad body panels.

i have a friend that agreed to sell his 66 satellite for 14k three months ago, and i have seen several others for around 12k on the local craigslist. i have a 66 belvedere that i just shelfed over the winter and its a damn nice car, they just dont bring the $ that 68-70's do

There was an influx of 65-67 B bodies on the $3500 and under Mopar site on Facebook! Maybe expand your virtual horizons!

Here's my $3500 beater!!!...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 325
My dad has a 66 Coronet 500 and it's harder than hell to get parts for. 1 year only parts and some specific to the 500 Model. I've seen maybe 6 others in the flesh. I see a ton of Believers, Satellites, and 67 Coronets for reasonable money, heck even Chargers of the same era. Keep looking and in dry areas to find what you want.

Right now there are (2) 67 Satellites on eBay for $8k or less - buy it now. The one for $8k has a 318, but looks pretty good. The one for $6750 has a 360 and 4-speed, but it has some rust issues. If you are patient and do a lot searching, you should be able to get a good deal for under 10k.

Craigs list is your friend. Look in states that have rust free bodies. California desert areas like Bakersfield for one. Also AZ,NV,Utah have plenty of good drivers for good prices. Fly in drive home.

Craigs list is your friend. Look in states that have rust free bodies. California desert areas like Bakersfield for one. Also AZ,NV,Utah have plenty of good drivers for good prices. Fly in drive home.

interesting, I`ve had both yr body styles ( more than once), always thot the 66-67 were better built cars than the later ones. based this on hemi cars that got twisted hard. one factory and one not.-bob

I just looked on B Bodies Only. Got a 67 Belvedere up for sale in Indiana. Asking 12500 with a little haggle you may hit your mark.

This one is posted on Moparts-
1967 Plymouth Satellite
440 18 Spline 4 Speed
1968 440 – bored .030 over
Wiseco forged pistons
Scat H beam Rods
440Source Stealth Heads
10.5:1 Compression
Comp XS290S solid lifter cam
Comp dual valve springs
Mancini/Harland Sharp non-roller aluminum rockers
Smith Brothers Pushrods
Edelbrock TM7 intake
Hooker Competition 1 7/8 Headers
Holley 770 (needs a different carb, runs good but an 850 Double Pumper would be ideal)
Carter high volume mechanical fuel pump
MSD Pro Billet distributor and MSD 6AL ignition box, Blaster 2 coil
Freshly rebuilt 18 Spline 4 speed
Hurst Comp Plus shifter
Lakewood Scattershield
Ram Powergrip HD clutch and billet 33 lb steel flywheel
Currently 2.94 open 8 ¾ rear, I had 4.56s in it but recently broke some teeth. This car really needs 3.91s+
Super Stock 3800 lb springs
All new 11 inch drum brakes
Manual steering, manual brakes
New Firestone 6.70-15 Bias tires up front
New M&H Racemaster 9.00-15 Slicks out back
New Cragar S/S wheels
Front end completely rebuilt this spring, all Moog parts, alignment was roughed in but could use a professional job on a rack
All new shocks
383 torsion bars

Needs some rust repair, a dent repaired, paint, seat covers, door panels, and bumpers rechromed

Runs strong, about 3K miles on the engine and about 1500 on the transmission. Car is very solid underneath, came from the west coast.

$12500

-
Back