I know it's not a mopar but my stang won at dyno contest.

-

ZEATER

Reaction score
A local town brings in a chassis dyno every year for a dyno contest. I was last to run and hit 472 rear wheel hp 471 rear wheel torque to win highest HP by street car and highest torque by street car. It was 85 degrees with high humidity so I felt pretty good about it.

For the fun of it I turned on the Nitrous and hit 594 rear wheel horse and 616 ft lbs torque. That gave me highest HP of the contest beating out a trailered drag car Chevy with open headers.

I realize it's not a mopar but Brett has helped with it if that amounts to anything.

Mopar or not. Thats a **** load of fum on the street ! :thumrigh:

my moms 67' 440 Cornet three years ago hit 484hp and 480rear wheel torque it did a 12.12 at 106 no slicks and 4.10's,that car moved out i drove it my last year of school i had the fastest car in the lot i could kill the fastest car by at least 5 car lengths easy and she want even breathing hard!I love that car! :salut: to me thats a lot of power on the street cuz i drive a 318 dart :roll:

My car is kinda broke, I still need to straighten out my pinion angle and now that I have the 4 speed I can't get rid of the ping. I think I got some bad gas when I bought the 55 gallon drum of 110. Steve is gonna let me try some of his fuel to see if that is it.

Once I get those thing's worked out I'll put it on the dyno to see what I have. With the auto I was 401 HP and 525 TQ, when you correct for the convertor slippage it's supposed to be around 460 HP and 475 TQ. This was with the M1 and now I have the air gap so I don't know for sure if I went backwards or not.

Getting the pinion angle right should net me 10 to 30 HP atrw depending on how the suspension likes it. I wish I would of had it set right when I was racing. 20 HP would have put me in the 10's. Oh well, to late now.

Steve's got a bad a$$ motor in the stang no dought. Good job Steve! :thumrigh:

-
Back