I like the muscle, but who's got a custom?

-

63Tigerlily

Reaction score
My wife's current A is the '63 GT in the avatar. The goal is a super 60s mild custom. Drawer pull grill, chrome tube floating bar bumper. She's even open to a lace-painted roof. So where are everyone else's mild custom A bodies? Is there already a thread for it?

IMG_7251 (1).jpg

Love it! That little dart rules! Id love to see some more pictures of it.
I had a thread on the HAMB about it, if it weren’t hers it would be getting a straight axle. I’ll dig up some photos. Full daylight probably doesn’t make it look as good

I had a thread on the HAMB about it, if it weren’t hers it would be getting a straight axle. I’ll dig up some photos. Full daylight probably doesn’t make it look as good
I thought i had seen that Dart before! Ive been on the HAMB for years. Got a thread on my 39 sedan on there. on the HAMB im @NailheadJason

I thought i had seen that Dart before! Ive been on the HAMB for years. Got a thread on my 39 sedan on there. on the HAMB im @NailheadJason
Oh yeah! I also have a 39 sedan. The 63 thread was called Mamas Mochine, and my 39 thread was the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Once the HAMB app went defunked, I kinda stopped going on there, but I should start getting back to it.

Wow, that is a sweet little car. Although not a custom, I’m thinking that if this darn car doesn’t sell this year, I might go back to my plan to slam it, put some 17’s all the way around it, 2 tone copper and ivory paint job, and a Gen 3 Hemi!

9EECF91C-3476-4323-A277-4B03D5C5F4D7.png

I remember the Dawn Treader!
Oh yeah! I also have a 39 sedan. The 63 thread was called Mamas Mochine, and my 39 thread was the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Once the HAMB app went defunked, I kinda stopped going on there, but I should start getting back to it.
I have been seriously considering doing a mild custom with the other 66 Barracuda i got when i picked up the white one I'm currently getting back together.

IMG_8410.JPG

IMG_8422.JPG

I remember the Dawn Treader!

I have been seriously considering doing a mild custom with the other 66 Barracuda i got when i picked up the white one I'm currently getting back together.

View attachment 1716268852

View attachment 1716268853
So, I remember when you put those pipe on your sedan. I had been planning to do that exact same setup, but I never seem to be able to focus on things and get things done as fast as all of you guys, so your pipes drove me in a different direction. The first pic is my mockup, theen I built the pipes and flared them into trumpet tips with a hammer and dolly in the second pic.
You absolutely should do a sick custom with one of those Cudas. I absolutely love the early Barracudas, an dyou have two!!! Panel painted flake and cobwebbing on Keystones or chrome reverse? Siiiiick!

IMG_0184.jpg

68076011544__A439C6BD-45D0-484B-ABC9-282DAA3108D6.jpg

Wow, that is a sweet little car. Although not a custom, I’m thinking that if this darn car doesn’t sell this year, I might go back to my plan to slam it, put some 17’s all the way around it, 2 tone copper and ivory paint job, and a Gen 3 Hemi!

View attachment 1716268848
I mean, that would technically be a custom. And, if you did two tone flake copper and Ivory fogged panels with 15" supremes, it would be a KUSTOM ;)

A while back, I de-chromed my 65 Barracuda, removing the rocker trim, the wheel opening trim, the "Barracuda" emblems on the front fenders, and the trunk "Plymouth" lettering. The kind of stuff people used to do back in the fifties. But I've decided I'm gonna put all that back on. Already did the trunk lettering, just waiting for a round tuit to do the rest.

I do have Hirohati-Merc style teardrop radio knobs in my 64 Polara convertible, along with a metalflake red Moon steering wheel. Makes it a tiny bit custom.

1719934114177.jpeg

And I have a Von Dutch inspired eyeball shift knob and dash decal on my 49 Dodge Wayfarer, along with a fuzzy mirror muff and green dice hanging from the rear view mirror.

1719934661672.jpeg

And four-bar flipper wheel covers on my 56 Plymouth.

1719934949222.jpeg

As well as a few Rat Fink (Ed "Big Daddy" Roth) decals on a few cars here and there.

A while back, I de-chromed my 65 Barracuda, removing the rocker trim, the wheel opening trim, the "Barracuda" emblems on the front fenders, and the trunk "Plymouth" lettering. The kind of stuff people used to do back in the fifties. But I've decided I'm gonna put all that back on. Already did the trunk lettering, just waiting for a round tuit to do the rest.

I do have Hirohati-Merc style teardrop radio knobs in my 64 Polara convertible, along with a metalflake red Moon steering wheel. Makes it a tiny bit custom.

View attachment 1716270824

And I have a Von Dutch inspired eyeball shift knob and dash decal on my 49 Dodge Wayfarer, along with a fuzzy mirror muff and green dice hanging from the rear view mirror.

View attachment 1716270827

And four-bar flipper wheel covers on my 56 Plymouth.

View attachment 1716270828

As well as a few Rat Fink (Ed "Big Daddy" Roth) decals on a few cars here and there.
Now we're getting somewhere! Mopars are the prime choice for customs IMO because the factory was seemingly way out there with their designs and engineering. I can't believe more people don't customize them. I had a 56 Imperial that was dropped, nosed and decked, Packard hubcaps, and I pulled the gunsight taillights off and made red lenses for the backup light housings. Everyone used to ask me if it was a Lincoln.
Man, I miss that car. It's in Minnesota somewhere completely restored back to original. It had functional factory air!

Trevor & 56 Imperial.png

-
Back