I love the stance of this car

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
After searching through literally thousands of cars on net ....I found the one that has the stance I want for my car.

now to figure out how they did that.

Attachments

• za1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 717
Looks stock to me, maybe even raised a little?

I do too. Thing looks mean. I get that look going up on the torsion bars and good rear springs

Jack up the torsion bars and pump up the air shocks. Maybe the owner used a 2+ over rear springs but it looks like pretty high altitude. Here's my Coronet back in the day.

Attachments

• My 69 coronet.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 697
  • Untitled.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 686
Mine sits higher than that. 1.03 bars and coil over tow shocks in the rear for me.

Not so great for handling though. Probably a lot of body roll.

How positively refreshing, I like the old style your put'n into this mopar. Big block, 4-speed and now this. Way cool.
So tired of seeing all the old mopars modernized and lowered like they are trying to be corvettes or whatever.
That picture is how mopars were and a part of what made the cars our favorites.
Easily done and won't cost a bunch to do.
If your springs are sagg'n bad you could add a couple leaves and some air shocks on the cheap.

Air shocks are a band aid for tired springs. They support body weight on the shock mount which isn't designed for it and IMO promote wheel hop. Stay away from them.

Super stock springs (or have your orginal springs rebuilt and an extra leaf or two added, a good spring shop can re arch them to raise the car as much or little as you want) and adjust the torsion bars up will get you that stance.

I agree, I'm not a fan of the so called modern look with the cars wheel opening covering up half the tire/wheel. To each their own but I prefer to keep them looking similar to how I remember them from years back.

Air shocks are a band aid for tired springs. They support body weight on the shock mount which isn't designed for it and IMO promote wheel hop. Stay away from them.

Super stock springs (or have your orginal springs rebuilt and an extra leaf or two added, a good spring shop can re arch them to raise the car as much or little as you want) and adjust the torsion bars up will get you that stance.

Air shocks were popular in the 70's and 80's. They aren't a good idea for sure. I would suggest against adding spring leaves. It makes you car ride like a lumber wagon. Re arching is the way. Super stock is good and many people use 2 left side springs. (correct me if left is the wrong side) Espo also has arched springs in 1 and 2" over stock.

Not so great for handling though. Probably a lot of body roll.

...and with the front end that high no caster.Pray he does not have to react in a hurry at highway speeds.
Never mind the "stance" keep them stock height or lower.Handling is barely adequate even at factory specs.

Jack up the torsion bars and pump up the air shocks. Maybe the owner used a 2+ over rear springs but it looks like pretty high altitude. Here's my Coronet back in the day.

Love the look of that coronet mike!!

Yup doesn't need to handle ......just needs to go in the direction its pointed

So what off road adventure are you taking/competing in?

I don't get the appeal either. 15" police rims, 65 series tires and a heavy duty suspension provide good handling and stance. Too high and you look cartoonish. Not that you asked for our opinions.

I love the stance of the car in the picture as is, Rani.
Personally, i like it a little lower in the front end to give it some rake. Handling? Who cares? They weren't great when new anyway.
These cars look lousy with 20'' wheels on them and lowered to make them handle.
IMO, if i wanted a car to handle, i would cut to the chase and buy a new one.

Wonder if it has a divorced transfer case? O:) Not my style but hey, if you dig it, that's all that matters!

-
Back