I made a new tool

-

brian6pac

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
So I was trying to figure out what purple shaft cam was in this 383, I know I could measure the pushrod to get the lift but holding it and a dial indicator would be hard so I took a piece of aluminum stock drilled it 5/16 about 3/4" in the other side I used a center drill and It worked great, held the push rod and the indicator together but still let the indicator move freely at a small angle.

IMG_4821.JPG

did that give you pretty accurate results? Ie, mic the lobe lift then compare to lift shown on dial? wonder if angle alters it any.

did that give you pretty accurate results? Ie, mic the lobe lift then compare to lift shown on dial? wonder if angle alters it any.

I tried it at a straight line more like the lifter to rocker and got .309 and where it is in the picture .308. All I wanted was to get a idea what cam was in it. I think I will make another one for the intake and play with it and see if the duration comes out, but I wont do it till I have one on the stand and have the degree wheel on it of coarse. You ask mic the lobe, I didn't want to pull the cam if it was big enough.

Of course it alters the reading. Just like the pushrod angle on small blocks alters the lift.

-
Back