I made this Gauge Mount.... I'm interested if anyone like/wants on.

-
Morning guys,

Please hold all your order requests for a little while. Once I can confirm the price and have all the samples done then I will start a new Thread to take orders.

I'm really happy with the response on here!

Looking good! I'm interested in a Direct Connection one. Any chance of making these in brushed aluminum or stainless instead of this "easy to scratch" mirror finish? I'm just worried about it looking bad over time, or is it not all that big of an issue?

Either way, please post a link to the new thread here in this thread, so everyone sees it. I know I might not see a new thread.

Thanks!

It's actually much easier to have them cut from brushed stainless... I'm not sure if the etching would be lost in the brushed finish. I might have to do another sample.

I don't think the mirror looks "scratched". It's just like fine marks from cleaning it.

I want to mount this one in my car so I can post a pick of it installed. One of my concerns is getting the etching too close to the hole and having the frame of the gauge cover the etching. I can make the holes bigger, I just don't have a 2 5/8" to test fit.

All look amazing. Im planning on in dash. So cold but I might do a template..........Need to do something towards the Dart besides shovel this dam snow...LOL

Hey Everyone. This item has not died... I just let it rest since it was right around Christmas and I figured people have other things to think about and rightly so....

I will start taking orders now but delivery will be in Mid to Late Feb, let me explain... I know its a long way away but I am going to be going on holidays and I don't want to start making these and not get them out before I screw off...

Regarding price.. I have been going back and forth with my laser cutter and I'm going to price these at $15 each plus shipping. I'm not expecting a huge qty of people requesting them. If I get a good number of orders, like 20 plus, I will drop the price to $10 each. I will let everyone know if we get close to the 20 piece mark. I think that's fair for everyone.

If you would like one of these please send me a PM with the following info.

1. Which style (they are all numbered so it should be easy to follow)
2. Size of gauges... currently they are based on a 2" gauge but if you want for 2 5/8" I can adjust to suit.
3. How many gauges - 2, 3 (I will do 4 or more gauges but the cost will increase slightly)
4. Email address
5. Shipping address

Once you PM me I will reply with payment details. Paypal or Email transfer will make the most sense. I will need payment before they ship but I wont ask for it until early Feb...

That's it guys. Like I said get your orders in. I will cut them middle of Feb. It I gives people a change to get orders in and get over this 20 pieces. Please post in here to keep the thread near the top so people can see it. If you have an idea for more styles please post them up!

Thanks Guys

At my age, I will not use gauges that are under the dash. First, with factory A/C there is very little room under the dash. 2nd, Looking down is blurred with bifocals.

I mounted a oil gauge to the windshield post. You do not have to look down and they were used in the early 70s to mount gauges. That said, I would sure like a post mount that fits the post more securely and looks better than what I am using

Hey guys! I have a few confirmed orders but if I tally up all the interest we could easily have 20 orders. Lots of time but please PM your details if you want on the confirmed list.

Thanks

Very Interested:
Can you demo pic one with the "Swinger" and one with "Road Runner" script please..maybe one with the simplified 68 roadrunner on it also.

Thanks

Just stumbled across this post Darcy. I really like your designs, I just have to check to see if I have enough room between the console and the underdash a/c box to fit a larger panel.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_2613.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 178
-
Back