I may Have a major F.U.B.A.R

-
I stick by my original guess that the front clutch pack is hung up engaged somehow.......or melted together.

Thanks Rob. Its got to be something internal...but hell I guess I have a one of a kind 5 speed auto......LOL.I have to make light of this or ill go nutz. Dam, so very close on getting ready for spring.

great time to learn how to rebuild them! RRR says that the 727's & 904's are the easiest to learn. i'm sure that RRR (rob) and john cope at CRT would coach you. CRT sells parts kits. you will need a few special tools. there is a rebuild thread here that you would find interesting:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8273657&an=0&page=2#Post8273657

727/904 service manual here:
sorry the link cant be pasted here just google this phrase...
727 904 service manual pdf

Dunno if it applies but moisture in the fluid can cause Steel plates to rust to friction plates and lock them together. Had it happen on mine before.

Remove the pan and inspect linkage arm to manual valve. you will find it not connected due to linkage over traveled and manual valve dropped 1/16 inch and not connecting to linkage arm. (manual valve is not touching linkage arm in all position), now when you reassemble it make sure linkage arm is not over traveling (you mite have to bend linkage back into position).
Are we having fun yet?

Planning on pulling the pan first and then go from there. I have a feeling i will be pulling it, but you never know. Thanks everyone. Major set back for me..........Car was so very close to be ready this spring.........

reckon it maybe time to jack up the front too. remove trans pan and have a look at the reverse servo to see if it is as it should be. could be stuck side ways or the band strut may have fell out and not working at all.

Everyone,First,,,,,, I have no clue on internals of a tranny. I took lots of pics to try and help out for anyone that can maybe come to conclusion so far. The pan is off and filter. It looks clean inside. The only thing i could feel or see was the one part circled in pics. It seems out to far and loose. Im not possitive on the torque converter all i know its a six cyl. one and it looked just fine. I have had the Dart for over 5 years and having a bit of a struggle remembering everything.Im not sure if any of these pics can help but its a shot. Thanks in advance, Edd / Nite moves:sad:

Attachments

• IMG_0315 (640x480).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0326 (640x480).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0325 (640x480).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0324 (640x480).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0321 (640x480).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0320 (640x480).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0319 (640x480).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0318 (640x480).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0317 (640x480).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 151
Its not easy with the camera especially when you dont know what to look for, so i apologize in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0328 (640x480).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0329 (640x480).jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 134
Hard to tell from the pic. The part you say is "out and loose" is the shift valve. Operate the shift detent lever and see if the shift valve moves. That may be the problem if the lever has come loose from the shift valve. That would be simple.

Yeah...I tried zooming the pic and I can't tell if the "rooster comb" is still engaged, but the valve looks like it's out too far...

Hard to tell from the pic. The part you say is "out and loose" is the shift valve. Operate the shift detent lever and see if the shift valve moves. That may be the problem if the lever has come loose from the shift valve. That would be simple.

Thanks Rob, I will do that and let you and all know. A real **** show day at work. Late trauma came in unexpecitdley...........Dam.....Hope these pics did some help

Thanks everyone for your patients,,,,,,,,not knowing and what to look for is disguraging at times. Thank god for you all and your knowhow:prayer:

How is that even possible? I mean theres travel limiters on both ends of the roostercomb.
-Oh I know, the little E-Clip must have popped off, or broke,at the top of the TP valve lever.That would allow the roostercomb to pop up and out of its working position. If thats true then the detent ball also popped out. I cant see reinstalling that ball without dropping the VB.
IDK.Never seen that one before.

Everyone,First,,,,,, I have no clue on internals of a tranny. I took lots of pics to try and help out for anyone that can maybe come to conclusion so far. The pan is off and filter. It looks clean inside. The only thing i could feel or see was the one part circled in pics. It seems out to far and loose. Im not possitive on the torque converter all i know its a six cyl. one and it looked just fine. I have had the Dart for over 5 years and having a bit of a struggle remembering everything.Im not sure if any of these pics can help but its a shot. Thanks in advance, Edd / Nite moves:sad:

Hey Edd, it looks like you might be onto something there! That has definitely popped out of place and would explain a few things, like the problem with it sticking when moving the shift lever from park as well as why you only have one gear. Get that back in place and you might be good to go!! :burnout:

Rob, that was exactly the problem. Got it all fixed up and mobile now......Im tight on money to finish and so happy no major money was needed to fix the tranny

-
Back