I miss those days

-
Very cool. Thanks for the memories. Back then was a lot simpler. No electronics or technology and video games keeping everybody hypnotized. Cars were where it was, man.

One of those cars was a 1973 or 4 capri. Ford Imported them from germany. I had one. Probably the only import in that video.

One of those cars was a 1973 or 4 capri. Ford Imported them from germany. I had one. Probably the only import in that video.
My cousin had an orange one. 2.8 German made V6 sold through Mercury. The little car was actually pretty quick. It was fun to drive.

My cousin had an orange one. 2.8 German made V6 sold through Mercury. The little car was actually pretty quick. It was fun to drive.
Mine had headers and a fiberglass fan. Valve covers were about as big as a ring of salame. 4 speed I think was Muncie. I think it was a Ford capri though.

Mine had headers and a fiberglass fan. Valve covers were about as big as a ring of salame. 4 speed I think was Muncie. I think it was a Ford capri though.
All I've ever seen came from Mercury. There were some Ford ones, I've just never seen one. I bet there were some differences, too.

All I've ever seen came from Mercury. There were some Ford ones, I've just never seen one. I bet there were some differences, too.
Cool car anyway. I’d take it back before alot of the others. Probably not the 70 396 SS chevelle.

My all time favorite car was my 70 RR 440-6 which I bought with about 35K on the clock from a friend--to this day, about ? 71 or 72. The six pack setup was in the trunk, had Cyclone headers and "steel packs" with side exit exhaust, Ed and Holley 800 DP. 3.54 Dana, 4 speed, added "hang on" AC which worked great. If I could afford it I'd have one now---at least one.

I was stationed at NAS Miramar, San Diego (Navy electronics tech RADAR) and lived through the gas crunch and the double nickel. Got stopped twice down there in a CHP roadblock "emissions." Hell there's probly still a warrant down there for me

Old days.jpg

All in the family? Oh, panties got bunched but you gave it right back. Laughing at it was the key. Not caring beyond the moment or at all was the way.

Today, everyone turns into a snowflake crybaby ***** the second you joke or insult them, knowingly or not.

-
Back