I must be nuts...can't make up my mind.

-

GSS340

Reaction score
I have been struggling with the paint choice on my '69 dart swinger 340 and thought I had made up my mind. Car originally was F3 light green but had been sanded down to almost nothing so I decided to go crazy and change to GoMango BUT now that the car is getting closer to painting I am second guessing myself and thinking I need to keep it original green. I am not a big fan of green but its a real swinger 340 and I am thinking that down the road if I wanted to go back original it would be a bear to cover up all that orange...plus I just saw a picture of a GTS with F3 and a black stripe and it looked wicked.

I am not building it for resale purposes but I have considered also that if I ever did have to sell it how bad would such a drastic color change effect the resale.

Help me out guys, it would probably be an easier choice if I hadn't already bought the EV2 Go Mango paint...anyone want to paint their car orange?
I must be crazy. :sad1:

I am the kind of guy that likes factory colors on cars unless they are a hideus color. I would use that stock green with the black stripe, it will look good. Plus I'm bored with the oranges and resale red, to many non-stock ones for my taste.

Chuck

340mopar said:
I am the kind of guy that likes factory colors on cars unless they are a hideus color. I would use that stock green with the black stripe, it will look good. Plus I'm bored with the oranges and resale red, to many non-stock ones for my taste.

Chuck

I have to agree with chuck I now would like to have my original green :salute:

It would be easy to spot in a parking lot. :-#

If I had your car it would stay green.
Yet 15 year's ago mine would be Go green. :cheers:

There were a lot of mopars painted green, but very few are STILL green! A guy I know has a nice 1968 Charger R/T, original green with black stripe, interior, and top, guess what color it is now? RED!? Everyone has a red car (not that red is bad, I have one!). If I had your car I would paint it green! :headbang:

Green is my favorite color for Mopars, and I dont mean sublime or sassy grass. Give me F4 or F6 any day.

I have the same dilema with the 70 Dart I'm building.The og color is FY4 which is light gold.I have all these visions of the impact colors,sublime,plum crazy,etc.......I am now leaning towards doing(in my mind) the right thing and painting it it's original light gold.This is how the car was born & how it should stay.
Between the black roof and black stripe it should look pretty nice !!!!!

Picture 182.jpg

If the car wasnt an original 340 Dart, I could go with the other color(maybe). But being its a fairly valuable unit, I'd stick with the original color- no matter what color it was. The F3 light green looked good on those cars anyway. Just my conservative ways showing through I guess.

Amazing coincidence! I have a 1970 Dart Swinger 340 matching numbers car with bucket seats, console, and rally dash that's in the middle of a restoration right now and I have the car on a rotisserie. I also was going to repaint the car go mango or sub lime green since I thought the original F3 was a little flat and plain looking compared to the Mopar loud colors of that time period. I have a web site with lots of pictures of my car and restoration tips and I have also posted close to 1,000 Dart Swinger pictures of every color imaginable. The F3 green looks good with a litle extra metalflake added.

http://www.mts.net/~hpokrant/index.htm

I would stay ORIGINAL! You will love it especially with it being all FRESH AND SHINY! Black stripe! ORIGINAL!

I will buck the trend here. If you don't like the original color, paint it whatever color you like. I don't think it will devalue the car that much right now and if you do want to sell it at a later date, (looks like it would be years), then it will need to be repainted anyway if you want to get top dollar.
I am one of those dastardly guy's that changed the car to red. Or I should say I'm in the process of it. The reason? I want the car to look exactly like one I used to own and also it was the worst color of yellow I have ever seen. Honeydew Yellow, what a pukey color!

Jack

I will say green in your case. With the orginal 340 and all. ut don't think that every car needs to be painted orginal. My car came white, not sure of the paint code yet.
just my .02 worh.
Jeff

My 69 came with B5 Blue, I changed it to midnight blue metallic and I woulld do it again. If you get a good paint job and you're happy with it that's what counts. Mind also is not matching #'s but it is a true 340 car ( 71 340 ). With this all said, I'm not a real big fan of GREEN anyway ......just my 2 cents.... GOOD LUCK !!

I can't stand green, although the green car above (Dustpan) is a pretty nice shade. If you switch colours, it's a lot more work to make sure everything is painted perfectly.

Green. I have an F3 '68 GTS. I will repaint it that color. I love orange, but I'd have a hard time with it on that car, it doesn't compliment the body IMO.

Paint it Black...
Allthough, it is your car, painted what ever comes to your mind, first thing first, if there is some color which you like, use it!

Whatever floats your boat, it's your car. If you like orange, paint it orange.

That's not my car, I couldn't figure out how to get my car to load as an avatar :banghead: so I searched and found something I liked on the internet. Busted :evil4: I have a gold 70 Duster that will be sublime one day. Sorry if I mislead you :---)

-
Back