I need 1 72 up Strut Rod and School me on LCA Bushings

-

Hyper_pak

Old School Chrysler Fan
Reaction score
I need 1 strut rod for 72 up. It's measures 21 and 1/2 inches end to end. Let me know how much you want shipped to 76065 Texas.
Thanks Folks, I got the strut rod! Thanks FABO!

I have a 62 and 67 FSM, and both say install LCA Bushing and shaft at the same time.
I thought I saw here to install bushing into the LCA and then press in the shaft.
Rubber Moog Bushings.
What is the deal?
I really don't want to buy any more parts!
Thanks for any and all comments!

I have a 62 and 67 FSM, and both say install LCA Bushing and shaft at the same time. I thought I saw here to install bushing into the LCA and then press in the shaft. Rubber Moog Bushings.

Saying the same thing....press the bushing onto the shaft then press both into the LCA. At least that is how I read my '62 FSM......Did it last week that way...worked fine.

When the bushing and shaft are together and being pressed into the LCA, don't use the shaft to press in the assembly; use a separate pipe/tube to press directly onto the bushing's outer sleeve and don't put pressure on the shaft in that 2nd step.

the fsm lists a special tool and I assume it does as you said, it presses on the bushing not just the shaft. Thanks

the fsm lists a special tool and I assume it does as you said, it presses on the bushing not just the shaft. Thanks

First I pressed the Pin into the busing (make sure you put a flat piece of metal under the bushing) then I used an 1-1/4" x 6" piece of black pipe to press the bushing into the LCR.

-AlV

-
Back