Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking to buy a 340 flywheel. I have a vibration in the motor and Just changed the harmonic Balancer so I must have the wrong flywheel... only one way to find out and thats tear it down and and look and change it out... Anybody have one for sale??? PM me .
Ok 7 Hours later and a wonderful T-Bone for supper.... Engine is out trannys on the floor and the flywheel is off.. Took pictures But I really don't know what I'm looking at. The engine is a "69" ... Came in the trunk of the car along with the crank....I thought the crank was the original for the engine.... So is this the wrong flywheel? is there anyway to tell if its cast or steel from what you see in the pictures???
HELP

flywheel 001 (Small).jpg

flywheel 002 (Small).jpg

flywheel 003 (Small).jpg

I have one that's in great shape. Just has some surface rust from sitting but no heat cracks that I can see and all the teeth look good. Before you start changing all these parts, I would like to find out if your 340 has a cast crank or a steel crank. The cast crank version used in 1973 was externally balanced thus you would need the cast crank balancer and flywheel.

Ken
Edison, NJ
[email protected]

Only thing I can say for sure from the pictures is that you have a neutral balance flywheel. If you want to pull the oil pan and post a pic showing the part line in the crank we can tell if it's cast or forged. If the part line is sharp and easily seen, it's a cast crank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back