I need a car cover... ASAP!

-

GotDart

Reaction score
My Dart has to go to a storage lot for a few months until I can get some other projects done and clean out my garage. I do not want to leave it completely exposed to the elements, but I cannot find any covered storage anywhere close by my house that is reasonably priced. I can find plenty of open storage that is affordable. So, I am in need of a car cover. ASAP. Has to be from someplace local like Wally World, Sears, Harbor Freight, etc. Any suggestions? What type material should I look for? And what size do I need?

I bought one from Pep Boys. A heavy duty one that was on my car outside in DFW for 3 years (until I acquired a house). It has held up really good so far.

Cost almost $100. I just went by the recommended size chart on the back of the box. Covers the entire car except the wheels. Unfortunately I can't find the receipt now.

I have purchased a couple of covers from these guys http://www.coversearch.com/ and have been very happy. The brand name is Budge and I have seen them at Wal-Mart too.

Look for one that is made from several layers. The inner layer should be a soft material to prevent scratches, the outer layer adds strength and the middle should be a membrain that is breathable.

Also, if the car will be parked on dirt or grass pick up one of those cheap nylon reinforced plastic tarps from the local Job Lot. This should be on the ground under the car, it will act as a moisture barrier and allow the under side of the car to dry out. It's amazing how fast the bottom will start to rot when it's parked on dirt, even if the top is covered.

-
Back