I need a painter!

-

naus360scamp

Reaction score
hey im looking for someone in the streamwood il area to paint my 71 scamp. im doing all of the body work and want someone cheap and fast im a college student so i dont need a 10k paint job just want a new color on the scamp!

First time painters?

You know...... Those so called "First time painters" are using state of the art equipment, booths, mixing systems and are being guided by instructors that have decades of experience in the industry, right?

You know that part of the program requires that refinishing and repairs be done to industry standards, right?

Get a 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th term student.

I wish I had a local school program to paint my car!!!!! I have 2 buddies from other states that have had it done and ended up up with show winners! Those kids and schools are trying to make a name for themselves and break into a new career!!! try that with the local bodyshop with the painter that feels his boss doesnt pay him enough for his best work! No quite a few of those, and they always tell me they would be happy to paint my car.....NUHHHHH UHHHHHH! Dont knock that local trade school or community college, go ask some questions and get a feel for them!

For that matter, dont overlook Maaco.....nobody lays more paint than Maaco! You are doing the body work, just bring it to them stripped or masked! They might surprise you with there driver quality paint!

I was in a customers high volume body shop on Tuesday. They were working on a full sized 4 door Chevy pick up that had storm damage on every panel. I looked at the total price of the estimate and it was around $3000. I spoke to the owner about my Dart. I'm sure they could do the job for that price or less.

First time painters?

You know...... Those so called "First time painters" are using state of the art equipment, booths, mixing systems and are being guided by instructors that have decades of experience in the industry, right?

You know that part of the program requires that refinishing and repairs be done to industry standards, right?

Get a 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th term student.

I am one of those students, not in the same program but i work closely with them and i know first hand how they treat and care for a car as well as there abilities but thanks for your input. just cause they have the equipment doesn't mean they use them quite right yet. i rather take it to a pro or at least someone who gets paid and has pride in there work. just my preference from seeing it first hand.

I was in a customers high volume body shop on Tuesday. They were working on a full sized 4 door Chevy pick up that had storm damage on every panel. I looked at the total price of the estimate and it was around $3000. I spoke to the owner about my Dart. I'm sure they could do the job for that price or less.

that's pretty doable for me i think. let me know how much he does yours for. it just might be worth the trip. :)

I am one of those students, not in the same program but i work closely with them and i know first hand how they treat and care for a car as well as there abilities but thanks for your input. just cause they have the equipment doesn't mean they use them quite right yet. i rather take it to a pro or at least someone who gets paid and has pride in there work. just my preference from seeing it first hand.

You obviously don't have a clue about what you are talking about.

Just trying to help you out, but in the end, it is your choice.

know ur right idk what im saying im just in the program lol good joke

Well, then I don't know what kind of hack school you are going to. Im a 4th term Auto Body and Refinishing student in an associates degree program, carrying a 4.0 (including my general studies and welding classes).

My body shop class works like a real production shop, working mostly on late model, customer cars. (Standard collision damage all the way up to hard hits, we do it all.)

We do everything from BMWs to Ford Trucks. All work is done to industry standards for fit, finish and safety. Our work also carries a warranty.

So if you want to beat up on "Student Work", keep it to your own school.

Well, then I don't know what kind of hack school you are going to. Im a 4th term Auto Body and Refinishing student in an associates degree program, carrying a 4.0 (including my general studies and welding classes).

My body shop class works like a real production shop, working mostly on late model, customer cars. (Standard collision damage all the way up to hard hits, we do it all.)

We do everything from BMWs to Ford Trucks. All work is done to industry standards for fit, finish and safety. Our work also carries a warranty.

So if you want to beat up on "Student Work", keep it to your own school.

thats fine i will my school isnt ur amazing school, therefore from MY experience is students are students for a reason. there still learning just like you and i. we are not that experienced and that's why we are attend the schools we do. plain and simple i want a professional do the job not a student. thanks for ur input and suggestions.

Hey naus it would be a small haul for you coming from Streamwood....I go thru there all the time. My car is being done piece by piece by a great little old body shop in Rockford. The owners daughters Duster is rotting out behind the shop as we speak. He is working on my decklid and inside tin right now. The doors, and fenders are done. They get the shell October 1st. Main Auto Body in Rockford Il. They work my stuff in between thier crash work, and they are doing an awesome job! If you arent in gotta have it right now schedule and dont mind a few weeks....give em a try!

I might be able to help you out.Like to help out the young guys when I can.
You can check out our work on Facebook.
Paradise Road Rod & Custom.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=156878
Or you can check out a thread on my car I just bought in this thread.
There are pictures of my shop.

My name is Tim if your interested in trying to see if we can work something out.

-
Back