I need a pic and dimensions

-

68 Sedan

Reaction score
There was a black outline "340" sticker used on some Dusters and I need a pic and measurements of the outside dimensions please.

challengergary is buying the wheels off "IT" and is going to make me some stickers for my scoop. BUT I need a pic so the proper font and size can be duplincated.

now if someone would only give the 318 a new home I could get this project under way

No one? Anyone even know the sticker I'm talking about?

Bueller?

this one?

340_dodge_duster_hood_decal_71.jpg

That would be it!! Any idea of the outside dimensions?

sorry, i don't know? Whenever i wanted demensions for something, i've always called year one, but you have to talk to them real nice. that's what worked for me.

I've got another 360 block that will turn in to a 408. But I needed the sticker so the font could be duplicated, and also to check the size to go on the sides of the scoop.

What I'm going for is something like this. What I did was trace the 340 above, then turn the "3" in to an "8". This rendition is about 6"x1.75"

whaddya think?

408-75.jpg

I think the middle of all the numbers on the original sticker was white. Would it be possible to make the middle in the reflective white rather than just an outline or plain white?

just wonderin

Very cool idea. Im sure any graphics or sign place could make that for ya. May have to make the center reflective part separate from the outside border but not sure.

While I'm asking questions (and am unable to collect all of them at once) could you do a large one for the corner of the hood in the same font? (no reflective material necessary) Any idea of the dimensions of that? I don't know witch I'd rather use, and I'll need to measure things to make sure a large one won't interfere with the scoop.

And yes, the cart is somewhat before the horse. Cause if someone doesn't buy the 318 (and parts) then I don't know when the 408 will get built. BUT, challengergary is buying "IT"'s original wheels and tires and asked if I needed any stripes. This is what I thought of.

Tim,

Here's a couple of ideas for the smal hood decals plus the large 408 hood one.
What do you think?

In the large Hood Callout proofs, I used lime green to show the outline that can be done any color. On the factory ones, this outline is white because they always went on blacked out hoods. You can either choose a different color or not even use the outlines since your car is white...

408 WEDGE DUSTER HOOD CALLOUTS.JPG

408 hood or fender lettering.JPG

Thanks gary. I like the top (small) 408 better than the one below it, although I still think the "8" isn't quite right. Not sure what to do to make it "right", but somehow it doesn't quite seem to make it.

I haven't measured the hood yet to see about a fit for a big sticker, and I might prefer it to be stylized like the little one. Is there a letter font to match the numbers?

the "top" 408 is better. i agree about the 8, i think its just a tiny bit to wide thats all.

Thanks gary. I like the top (small) 408 better than the one below it, although I still think the "8" isn't quite right. Not sure what to do to make it "right", but somehow it doesn't quite seem to make it.

I haven't measured the hood yet to see about a fit for a big sticker, and I might prefer it to be stylized like the little one. Is there a letter font to match the numbers?

I will make some changes tonight to this for you and try and come up with something more stylized for the big one.

BTW - Can I pay pal you some $$ for the wheels & tires? Ihave most of it sitting in my PP account and don't think there is enough time for me to transfer it to my bank account for Sunday...

That would be okie dokie. You have my email addy? If not let me know and I'll pm it to ya.

Also one more question about a big 408. Besides it looking like the little one, would it be possible to make one that looks like the top is being sucked in to a vacuum cleaner?

(I had another thought while measuring the hood)

That would be okie dokie. You have my email addy? If not let me know and I'll pm it to ya.

Also one more question about a big 408. Besides it looking like the little one, would it be possible to make one that looks like the top is being sucked in to a vacuum cleaner?

(I had another thought while measuring the hood)

I'l give it a shot. My software program is not that sophisticated but I'll certainly try.

IIiiiiiiiii dunno. That "8" still kinda bothers me. Maybe I'm being to picky. Seems like the "hole" in the bottom half should be wider and skinnier. Maybe the top of the 8 is to flat. Maybe I need a drink.

The other ones aren't what I had in mind at all. I'll try to give you a better idea at the meeting tomorrow.

Not if you want me to bring the wheels and tires lol

(edit) I dunno. I'll have to see if they will fit in "IT"

-
Back