Not open for further replies.

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone have a FUNCTIONAL sending unit for dear `ol John? I don't care if it's a 5/16' or what... I sumped my tank, but don't want to waste a 3/8" sending unit just for a fuel gauge. I had some stuff "dis-appear" from my yard recently (Scrape scavengers.... happens all the time here in my area) and someone walked off with my old gas tank I had in the yard, with my new sending unit in it. I also had a milk crate full of wheel trim rings walk. Oh well.... my fault for leaving this stuff outside.

Help! :-D

Let me see what I got in the backyard. I know I have a sending unit out there if someone else doesn't step up first.

What year model does it need to fit John? Are all the A bodies the same? Funny you mentioned the walking off of parts. I just decided to put locks on my shop doors last week. Funny how people notice.

Will this work... :)

Sender.jpg

I found that pretty easy. Finding the multi-meter is the tough part. lol

The scrap business here in Va. is nuts. People will enter vacant houses and gut the copper plumbing. Cars are robbed of their catalytic converters for platinum. It`s a huge black market.

I was wondering why you said they interchange up to '74? I've got one I was going to swap into my '76 Duster, and I'm not sure what year it came out of. I think a '68 Valiant. Won't it work?
(sorry about the scrapper jerks, a local race car builder had them walk off with a '69 440 bare block that he just kept outside unless he was using it to fit mounts/headers. People suck!)

I was wondering why you said they interchange up to '74? I've got one I was going to swap into my '76 Duster, and I'm not sure what year it came out of. I think a '68 Valiant. Won't it work?
(sorry about the scrapper jerks, a local race car builder had them walk off with a '69 440 bare block that he just kept outside unless he was using it to fit mounts/headers. People suck!)

Yeah... these scumbags troll around regularly. I'm grateful they didn't grab EVERYTHING in my yard! I have some sheet metal behind my garage and a few other things laying around. Naturally, they didn't touch the junk I was going to scrap....

As for the interchange, this is what I found from searching parts suppliers. I'm not sure what the difference is... Maybe someone can help correct me if I'm wrong?

John,

that sending unit came out of a 72 scamp.

I have one of those e-bay, 3/8 units, in a car and it was bent very different from the one that came out.

Hmmmm... Really? I guess I stand corrected.
Thanks for everyones input. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back