Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys and gals.Hope you all have a great upcoming year. But I really am in need of a steering column for my 70 Duster. (Floor shift,Power steering.) If you Got one please PM me or drop a thread.I'll have a column W/auto to trade or sell.

Here's what I did to mine to make it a floor shift column. I cut the shifter mount off dressed it upwith a grinder, taped over the hole on the inside and filled it up with JB weld for strength. (fiberglass would probably have worked) After it set up I dressed it down, used a little body filler to smooth it out. Did the same thing to the shifter indicator. It fell victim to the cutoff wheel. Filled and dressed it up with body filler and sprayed it with urethane gloss black. Can't tell it wasn't made that way. Might be an option for you.

DSC00926.JPG

DSC00927.JPG

DSC00928.JPG

duster440 ,you must be polish. that looks great.
wyoduster.70 is by itself .in 71 they put the saftey feature.turn the bottom of the column to get the key out.

No not polish...Just figured it would be easier to modify what I have than to hunt down one for a floor shift car. I just found out today when I was putting in the manual steering shaft I got from Redfish that if the bottom section is turned wrong (needs to be turned as if the shifter is in park) it won't let the key go to the off position so I'm going to drill a hole in the bottom of the lower section (so you can't see it) into the outer tube, cut a small roll pin just long enough to enter the tube to hold it in place. Ron

Wyo sorry for taking so long.

I have one but it's for a manual steering car. I know you can change out the couplers and lengthen the shafts. I know I have a coupler from a power steering car aound here somewhere.

I paid $175 for the 70 only column as I needed it for a car that I decided to sell. Don't need it anymore and want what I got in it. Otherwise, I'll hang onto it as I'll likely run across another 70 4 speed car or decide to convert one later.

I may have a complete column shift, PS column I'd throw in if you need to swap the shafts.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back