I need help finding these..

-

grassy

Reaction score
Folks,

I am looking for two engine/trans support brackets and I am told that this will be a slavage yard item.

They are two bars that look like 90degree angle iron and about fourteen inches long, the ends are bent and a hole is in each end, one goes to the bottom of the transmission, the other goes to the side of the engine itself, both sides of the enigne, so there are two of them. 5/8ths inch bolts hold the four ends of these two support bars.

What they do is stiffen/brace the engine to tranny to stop flex since there isn't much below the center of the crankshaft to connect the two components .

I am told that all LA engines have them.

Or if they are something I can make up, could someone take a picture of theirs ?

Thanks
Grassy

I have never seen any thing like that on a V-8 before. But I think at least the driver side on a slant 6 has some thing kind of like that.

I know what he's talking about, and Burntorange, YES, they're along the same lines as the /6 example you mentioned. I sold a pair several months back, not sure if I have any more in stock, but I'll check. FWIW, they're not really a "MUST HAVE" piece. Usually, they tend to get in the way of headers and end up getting left off for that reason. I'm gonna be scrapping my 77 W200 this weekend, and if it's still got them, I'll pull 'em for ya!:-D

Jim

I HAve a set of the transmission support brackets,
I try to find a picture

Tranny Support.jpg

I knew I could count on yiou good folks.

I will be using a TTI header / exhaust system..will the above foul with the headers ?

jd340, if you have a set, I supect if the above isn't a problem, I will buy..if not 72swinger 340, if your are for sale..

BTW, I am also looking for the brackets to hold my alt and p/s pump on the 360..I don't mind cleaning them..anyone havw an extrat set kicking around ?

Thanks
ian.

I knew I could count on yiou good folks.

I will be using a TTI header / exhaust system..will the above foul with the headers ?

jd340, if you have a set, I supect if the above isn't a problem, I will buy..if not 72swinger 340, if your are for sale..

BTW, I am also looking for the brackets to hold my alt and p/s pump on the 360..I don't mind cleaning them..anyone havw an extrat set kicking around ?

Thanks
ian.
Pay the shipping and they are yours.
Let me know
Dwayne

anybody else have a set to sell . i need a set that will fit a 1969 dart with a 340/727 would like all hardware if possible

ill tell that to the transmission on i20 out of my dually

anybody else have a set to sell . i need a set that will fit a 1969 dart with a 340/727 would like all hardware if possible

Well, if I would've remembered this thread, I would've been able to tell you I don't have any anymore...Sorry Dallas, hope you find a set.

-
Back