I need help identifying early Darts

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Howdy gang, I was fishing in my new honey hole today looking for some Cuda stuff and I came accross a few early Darts. Now, I'm not very versed in the early Darts and I would like to know what I'm looking at here, what years these cars are, and more importantly, what parts I should grab for y'all and what they are worth. The owner of the yard is very old and some of his prices are kinda high, so I need to be armed with some accurate information if I'm going to buy any of this stuff. Heres a few pics of the car I found there, if anybody can help on identifying anything of value i would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone for any information offered, Geof

Attachments

• 100_3803.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 100_3816.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 100_3817.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 281
  • 100_3819.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 295
  • 100_3825.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 100_3826.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 100_3827.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 100_3828.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 271
Some of those cars have the wheel well moldings. Personally, I need a rear passenger side wheel well molding with the stone shield, but I think all of them are in demand.

The red hood has a nice molding across the front that somebody could probably use. What's really hard to find are nice candy canes. That's the molding on a 65 only that wraps around the headlight and down under the grill to the center of the car. Layson's repop's the candy canes, but they're expensive. Nobody repops the hood molding.

I believe front clip is one year only for all early darts 63-66. For sure 65 and 66 are one year only. That includes the fenders, hood, grill, valance and maybe even the bumpers. Same thing for tailights.

I'd try to save the buckets, floor shift console and all the linkage from the blue car. Sorry, I'm not much help on value.....

The first pic is a 66 Dart 170,the rest are 65,s:D

How do you tell a 170 from a 270? Is it a 170 because it's a 4-door?

Looks like I should check out new fishing spots! lol

For everybodies info here, ALL of the parts from these cars are for sale and can be bought. Its a rather unique process as the owner is 86 and can't see, so you describe what you're interested in and then ride out with the son and he takes a look and then you sit down at the round table and haggle with Dad. If you can agree on a price, you ride back out with the son and remove your items.

Some of these cars are near impossible to get to, and I ain't lyin' when I say there are over 3500 cars there to go through. It's very overwhelming to say the least and the process is going to be slow until I build up a repoire (??) with them, but I spent 5 hours there today and was welcomed to come back anytime!! Geof

the grill nad mouldings and headlight trim look good on the last one, no such luck finding that stuff intact out here in arizona :(

Rich, that link did help, and thanks everyone for posting your info. I feel that I can make an accurate assumption on the cars based on the info. I think I'll start with the red car, it has everything the blue car has, only in better condition. The blue one does have one very rare option that I'm sure not many other cars of the era have!!! Take a look.....

Attachments

• 100_3818.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 168
Rich, that link did help, and thanks everyone for posting your info. I feel that I can make an accurate assumption on the cars based on the info. I think I'll start with the red car, it has everything the blue car has, only in better condition. The blue one does have one very rare option that I'm sure not many other cars of the era have!!! Take a look.....

Yup a driver door armrest. lol Hey the headrest is something I have never seen

Front trim is always valuable if not damaged, since aluminum and gets dented. Headlight rings ~$15 ea. I bought a nice 65 front grill for $25, but often sell for $100. All side and rear trim is valuable and easy to fix if not bent since stainless steel, just polish it shiny. 2 cars have the GT trim, with the top piece for a vinyl top and special fender and C-pillar emblems. I might need rear window trim for my 65 Dart. Don't know since the trim was all in the trunk (haven't inventoried). If you find front windshield trim, I would like (did it exist?).

I'd try to save the buckets, floor shift console and all the linkage from the blue car. Sorry, I'm not much help on value.....

How do you tell a 170 from a 270? Is it a 170 because it's a 4-door?
A 170 has a single very thin molding running down the side of the car like the tan 4 door shown. A 270 has a molding that is triple the width with bright alum. on the top and bottom & black in the center.

-
Back