I need help identifying these pistons

-

discharger1332

Reaction score
I have a new set of big pistons and I'm having trouble getting info. The box says Forgedtrue but it is very old and I can't make any other information out. I'm getting 4.215 on my mic. But it's a cheap mic. I thought they were hemi but I don't know. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Yes Forgetrue would be a old name and Hemi pistons are very distinctive. Yes, we need pictures. Any part numbers?

sorry pix didnt upload earlier and i was out of town playing a show. here are a couple pix.

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG

Measure about half way down the skirt, 90 degrees to the piston pin.

what about maybee 426 wedge? anybody recognize these?

That ain't no wedge. It's a HEMI for sure.

I can't remember the bore sizes of early HEMI stuff but at 4.250 it sounds like a late HEMI size. Late being Gen II HEMI.

The measurement issue is the clearance is built into the piston. If you have a nominal bore size of 4.250 then the piston SHOULD measure 4.244-4.245 for a piston of that era. If the piston actually measures 4.250 WITH A MICROMETER AT 90* TO THE PIN BORE PARALLEL TO THE PIN, then the nominal bore size would be 4.254-4.255 and that's an ODD size.

i thought gen 2 hemi pistons had the wedge cut off of both sides? these only have the wedge cut off 1 side. they do measure 4.245. thank you

-
Back