I need help with a crate motor

-

Cerwin

Reaction score
Well as time to take the vart off the road nears, i wonder if its in my best interest to invest in a crate motor. I know nothing about rebuilding nor that much of how i would want to build it for that matter ( i would keep the used 360 i have ) and with a new motor producing MORE then the so said 390hp crate 360 i could even build up from that.

Finacially,stress,time, and effort wise i believe this is my better option.

anyone felt the same way before, gone this way, and never been happier?

Being in canada Is there a supplier i could try? jegs seems like the cheapest out of the 3 ( jegs, summit, mincini )

Thanks
Cerwin

Cerwin, I'm going the same route with a 69 Dart, but I'm probably going to start with a local dealer for the crate. I did this in my old Vette when I bought a ZZ4 through the local Chev dealer, it was pretty simple.

Bruce

Cerwin,I went the crate motor route after my original 340 was stolen out of my garage.I have had it in my car for 11 yrs.now and all it does is haul A$$.I love this motor.It has never missed a beat yet & I've been clear across the country with it.I'd be more than happy to guide you through the steps to get it in your car.

Blue Bomb motor.jpg

The create engine is a teriffic thing to get. Just;
1. Have a shop check it out and make sure it is all there.
2. Call up the local dealer armed with some info on what Jegs will deliver it for to your door. From there, maybe you can have a little something to haggle with.
It also pays to get to know your local dealer. If there good fellas, they will cut you a deal on parts for the build up as well.
I used to get great deals from my old dealer (I moved away) and get good deals from my current dealer. There a big help.

-
Back