I need help.

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Hi all, I need some feedback! I have just changed my Wheels to 15" all around on my Duster. My question is if I carry a 14" as a spare and if I have a flat say on the rear will it affect the rear end gearing /Posi.. being 15" on one side and 14" on the other? Please give me some advice.

I think it would however I would just put the 14 on the front and keep the 15 rear .solved I think:banghead:

The overall tire height affects the overall ratio, not the wheel diameter. Getting a tire the same height as the 15" tires would solve any potential problems. But in an emergency, it shouldn't be a big deal to use a different height tire to get you home or a repair shop. You have to remember that each time you go around a corner, the outer tire is turning faster than the inner tire. So the Sure-Grip can live with some "slip" between sides.

I think it would however I would just put the 14 on the front and keep the 15 rear .solved I think:banghead:

X2

you'll have to pull a nascar move if ya blow a rear tire and do a 2 tire swap around

locomotion has got it correct if the overall tire is the same as the 15 then there will not be a problem at all

buy a tire for the 14 inch rim that will be the same overall diameter, if you post your 15" tire size we can tell you what will work in 14" so you don't have to carry two spares or change to 15" spare

Your spare is only a spare anyways right? in case you have a flat. It's a stop gap solution. That is unless you run into a chebelle at a stoplight :D

I run 14's on the front and 15's on the back Craig. My spare is a 15 that is the same diameter as my everyday tires. The problem is, it doesn't fit in the spare tire well. I solved that by taking the air out of the spare and I carry a small battery powered air compressor with me.

Jack

-
Back