I need pictures of a 65 225 throttle hook up

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I'm going to reinstall the carb I rebuilt on my 65 Valiant 225 this weekend. It was kinda rigged up from the previous owner. I want to hook it all up the factory way. Does anyone have a clear picture of how it should be hooked up?

I can get you pictures of a '66 that uses the rod linkage. Mine was rigged when I bought it (piece of rubber fuel line and baling wire) but I found the right parts and put it back to stock. The real trick was finding the bushing that snaps in the square hole on the throttle shaft and accepts the linkage rod. Should have another one around here if I can find it.

Please let me know when you get a photo of the hookup. I've got mine hooked up how I think it should go. It seems pretty obvious the 90 degree angle throttle rod snaps into the bushing on the carb linkage. But my bushing is cracked and I don't know how the rod was retained from coming off.

I've got a 63' 225 with a pushbutton auto if that helps? You can get the little plastic bushing on Ebay. Mine was missing and I had to buy one. Wasn't cheep but correct part.

-
Back