I need some guidance on which sperators to use.

-
Nice valve covers, like the wide W8 style.

I'm not sure if my idea will help much, but simple wire looms from Moroso or other like company can be purchased with metal brackets that the loom will attach to. Like normaly seen. You'll just have to peice together or find a basic kit to run the wire as you choose.

This is a custom job for the custom covers that is a choice for your taste.

Someone here....it escapes me at the moment, runs W8 valve covers.

I just purchased these and with them being fabricated alumn valve covers the bolt holes are obviously not in the same location as a stock valve cover. so my question is what type wire loom or separator do I use to keep me engine bay from looking like a rats nest?

http://skipwhiteperformance.com/detail.aspx?Item=8096-7

I agree with Rumblefish. Simple Moroso style looms looks like they would work. Maybe you could turn them upside down so that the wires aren't sticking up above the valve covers.

Does the bolt head sit on that crocked weld or is there a level land below for a recessed bolt head ?
CAUTION IMAGINATION AT WORK :)
A black plastic channel enclosure that runs the length of the cover could look nice. Something similar to whats found on modern factory setups.
I put new plugs and wires on a Buick 3800 V6 couple months ago that had these enclosures which inspired my idea. The bottom was open so the wire could drop out wherever needed. Fabricating or re-fabricating would be a lot of trouble. I would want only one step in enclosure width. Like from 4 wires wide to 2 wires wide at the half way point. 4 steps might look too busy and might be too flimsy at the forward end.

Here is what I used. MSD clamps. and moroso clips. I use black wires they are easy to keep looking clean and do not look to gaudy.

I haven't actually received these yet (being shipped now). I'm thinking that the bolt head is recessed in the cover. Mad dart has these on his twin turbo build. thats where I acquired the idea of these.

The ones I purchased did not have the breather holes I Placed them in my self . I wanted them to both to be on the front of the motor for use of a E-vac system and we welded 1/4 inch thick bungs in for a better seal. Make sure you use moroso breathers with baffles. I also had to notch mine for pushrod clearance. I have another set where I made aluminum tabs and welded them on for use of the factory wire holders.

The ones I purchased did not have the breather holes I Placed them in my self . I wanted them to both to be on the front of the motor for use of a E-vac system and we welded 1/4 inch thick bungs in for a better seal. Make sure you use moroso breathers with baffles. I also had to notch mine for pushrod clearance. I have another set where I made aluminum tabs and welded them on for use of the factory wire holders.

Oldman,

The skipwhiteperformance valve covers I purchased already have hole in them. I also purchased some billet beathers from them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALUM...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Yes you can get them with the holes but one side it will be in the front and the other side it will be in the back. not goo for an evac system. The covers do not have baffles under the breather . Not many breathers do and you will find your oil coming out the breather. Also the cover with just the hole without the bung has a sharp edge and usually cuts through the rubber Gromet after a couple of oil changes. Just some friendy advice before install. Cats aluminum covers are usually thick and all gromets are groved for that thickness.

OldManMopar where did you get the enclosure for the air filter? And did you make the mount for the coil?

Don't waste yer money. Just tie um all together with zip ties. I love fireworks.

What do you mean? these are junk?

LOL. Of course not. I was portin a joke. Who in their right mind would zip tie all their plug wires together? ....although I've seen it done.

-
Back