I need some hook

-
If you do some tuning with what you have it will hook on a decent track. I ran 7.24 with 1.52 60' with the 340 and a 275 radial. The 408 went 6.57 with 1.38 60' a bunch of times with 325 radials.

All this was done with rancho 9 way rear shocks and ce three ways on the front. At the time the car had 5 1/2" of travel in the front.

I have since replaced the shocks with Viking double adjustables.
Yessir, I believe I can make it work. Just gotta sort it out and get input from people that have done it more than I have.
I want to take this thing to Sacramento on a really good day DA wise.

LOL , I did the back up thing one time , on a pretty steep hill in a friends dads pick up, friend did it all the time --
hold my beer and watch this----2 piece drive shaft came un glued , left truck sitting on the bottom of the hill.
NO ONE GOT IN TROUBLE EITHER we were 16 at the time .
I broke the spider gears out of two rear end before i decide it wasn't fun anymore........and the wrecking yard said this was there last one.

This is what my car likes with my 275/60/r15 drag radials....18psi, Caltracs on bottom hole, 1 flat preload driver side, 2 flats preload passenger side, rear shocks set on 6, front shocks 90/10.

Last edited:
This is what my car likes with my 275/60/r15 drag radials....18psi, Caltracs on bottom hole, 1 flat preload driver side, 2 flats preload passenger side, rear shocks set on 6, front shocks 90/10.

1 flat preload drivers side , with or w/o the drivers weight in the car when setting them ??

With me in the car (and the wife turning wrenches, LOL)

I didn`t have anyone to help, I reached up and turned/preloaded the pass side as much as I could w/ one hand laying beside the car, "which isn`t really that tight, then just made the drivers side touch, w/o anyone in the car.
The one time I took it to the strip it was embarrassing , the car only went 11:90`s, spinning into second gear "I think" , I had a serious intake problem then too. But the dam car went straight ,best as I can remember, hadn`t been on the dragstrip in 10-11 yrs or so, new car , dics brakes , diff shifter than I was used to, front end tighter than ''dicks hatband .'' 295 60 15 and 275 drag radials , went a few faster w/ the 295`s. Probly looked like an idiot !
Made a few corrections since then----------

Feels like I'm trying to ice skate up hill. I tried the Cal tracs in the bottom hole, tried different preloads even ran the tires down to 16psi.. I don't think the track is prepped enough to give me any consistent data. Only one "good" run was a 1.66 60ft. I think I'm going to mount up one of the used 28x9s and see if they will fit. Sure wish there were more tracks around.

Check it on both sides, there will be a difference. With the Right back spacing they should fit.

Check it on both sides, there will be a difference. With the Right back spacing they should fit.
yeah it will be close. Lips are already cut out. the MT 28x9 tire measurements are almost identical to the 255/60/15 drag radial measurements..
It would be really awesome to be able to hook and stomp some imports at the upcoming 11.50 index Import vs domestic race.

And the new learning curve begins.:thumbsup:
yep.. being as the track is marginal most of the time. I figure the bias ply's will be a little more forgiving. Either way they're on different sets of wheels so I can swap them whenever. lol

They are used right?
Do you have screws in them????
Running Tubes???

They are used right?
Do you have screws in them????
Running Tubes???
They're the hoosiers that specify no tubes.. These used ones are just for mockup. I don't really plan on running these.

I wouldn't be afraid to try them.....but they Must be Screwed inside and out. New Or used.
rim screws.PNG

I just bought some self tapping set screws from the local hardware store. long enough so the drill bit part of it penetrates the bead. they break off easy so make sure you drill a large enough hole that they will make threads but not bust off before you get then seated.

So I ended up gettting some 27x10.50x15 Quicktime Pro's.. and they work SOOOOO much better. WAY more consistent.. Even won my first shootout. There is alot more to tune with the car in general, but the fact that I could actually get it to be consistent was great.
Cal tracs were set on top hole w/ 1/16th clearance from the spring
Rancho 9000 shocks set at 7
Tires set at 14psi
Even when the track started to go away at the end of the night, it was still getting 1.7 60ft's spinning. Too bad this was the last track day of the year. Next year should be fun, maybe get it to go a little faster and actually setup the nitrous that was planned. Maybe even lighten the car up a bit.
I haven't done screws yet, but during the winter that will be something that gets done, as i'm pretty sure the wheel was spinning.
69410964_10211778905506958_5473011047868661760_n.jpg

Here is the Final Race in the 11.50 index last night. Me vs a Bike. (that was also the worst 60ft of the night, felt like it was spinning a bit)

So I ended up gettting some 27x10.50x15 Quicktime Pro's.. and they work SOOOOO much better. WAY more consistent.. Even won my first shootout. There is alot more to tune with the car in general, but the fact that I could actually get it to be consistent was great.
Cal tracs were set on top hole w/ 1/16th clearance from the spring
Rancho 9000 shocks set at 7
Tires set at 14psi
Even when the track started to go away at the end of the night, it was still getting 1.7 60ft's spinning. Too bad this was the last track day of the year. Next year should be fun, maybe get it to go a little faster and actually setup the nitrous that was planned. Maybe even lighten the car up a bit.
I haven't done screws yet, but during the winter that will be something that gets done, as i'm pretty sure the wheel was spinning.
View attachment 1715393970
Here is the Final Race in the 11.50 index last night. Me vs a Bike. (that was also the worst 60ft of the night, felt like it was spinning a bit)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

-
Back