I need some I phone tech advice

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to transfer a text conversation so I can print out a hard copy? Now I know about coping a screen shot and send it to my E-mail. But I need to save a very long text conversation to a hard copy so I can save it. Anybody know how or if it can be done. I am very tech stupid. Thanks

If you are on a phone with email, you can copy the text and paste it into an email.

I try not to do text--flip phone. Can't you forward them? Or "share?"

I phone 10

with the text open, hold down on the screen and a pop up will show and select all, then once selected another pop up will show with copy and such. As seen in the pics below… then paste into notes or an email…

C61D1D73-59BB-4AD6-8A5D-42A0A555C520.png

6307E925-1F82-446D-A117-0DB61B27570A.png

Select all doesn't pop up on the text screen, just copy, and only one small statement or reply gets copied.

that’s weird. I was running IOS 11.7 up till last week and just updated to 15.2. It worked on both. Other option is to hold on the message, then forward, once on that screen you can select and copy, then delete that message.

that’s weird. I was running IOS 11.7 up till last week and just updated to 15.2. It worked on both. Other option is to hold on the message, then forward, once on that screen you can select and copy, then delete that message.
Dig that, it ls my belief he wants the whole conversation printed, I'm Assuming, ( oh,Boy, ***-U-Me)

I can copy one reply at a time but this is a very long conversation. It's important that I save it so a family member can read it 8-9 years from now. I went by Staples today, they told me they had no way to transfer it to a copy machine. Thanks for your help.

I can copy one reply at a time but this is a very long conversation. It's important that I save it so a family member can read it 8-9 years from now. I went by Staples today, they told me they had no way to transfer it to a copy machine. Thanks for your help.
That's what I gathered from your posts. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that. Walgreens has a Computer Forensics Company. They wiped my stuff, and were MADE to get it all back. And I did, on a single DVD. They tried lying, saying the servers are wiped every week blah blah, I called em on it.

So possibly you could go that route. It's not free though. I got it free cause they screwed up and wiped my stuff. I would imagine you could call a few computer stores... hey, hold on. I know a retired HCSO Sarge that owned a computer store. I'll call him now, and post back

Mine just says copy when you hold finger on it.
Tap copy then go to notes start a page like your going to make a note .when you see the little curser blink hold touch screen and paste will show up tap paste. It should paste what you copied to the page. Then there should be a little circle with 3 dot tap that a menu pops up that has copy, markup, print and save to file. You should use print through Wi-Fi if your printer is a Wi-Fi printer.
Or copy it to an email and email it to your computer.

It’s kind o hard to explain ! Hope this helped a little.

Mine just says copy when you hold finger on it.
Tap copy then go to notes start a page like your going to make a note .when you see the little curser blink hold touch screen and paste will show up tap paste. It should paste what you copied to the page. Then there should be a little circle with 3 dot tap that a menu pops up that has copy, markup, print and save to file. You should use print through Wi-Fi if your printer is a Wi-Fi printer.
Or copy it to an email and email it to your computer.

It’s kind o hard to explain ! Hope this helped a little.
You lost me at the Bakery! I'm going to have to search out someone that knows in person.

Ok, here's the deal. Any decent computer store can do it. Your Service Provider should be able to do it. He also said screen shot and USB cable to a home comp, BUT, we ain't sure how you would be able to format it:(ie, how many shots per page, order ect). BUT he came up with This! You will have to take the web ID off my pic and punch it in. HOPE IT HELPS!

Message_1640134390717.jpg

Select your message, and choose Copy. This saves it to your phone itself. Open up your email, and start a new draft. Hold down on screen till Paste button shows up. Select Paste, then save the conversation in the email. You should be able to access it on your computer.

My Friend said the first tutorial was probably the best, you can. Format then as a PDF ( you know, like those instructions we hate, because manufacturers are cheap asses) then print

-
Back