I need some input

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I took the carbs off and exhaust and I see that some one did some modifying to make it a two two's.
Pictures of everything and the carbs are Carter's, #0-1949 on the horn it reads 6-1902 These are the # on the carb with the straight fuel line.
Other carb #02292 and on the horn reads 6-1985
I am sure something can be dun to the intake to go back to one barrels.
What a mess, Looks like maybe a e-bay sell or some one here.
Thank you for any input you can help me with.:happy10:

offy two to three 001.jpg

offy two to three 002.jpg

offy two to three 003.jpg

offy two to three 004.jpg

offy two to three 005.jpg

offy two to three 006.jpg

offy two to three 007.jpg

offy two to three 008.jpg

offy two to three 010.jpg

offy two to three 011.jpg

Looks like someone modified it to use the large base Carters or Holleys...

I could not find a two two intake made anywhere, Just two one's.:read2:

I could not find a two two intake made anywhere, Just two one's.:read2:

I was going to ask if you check to see if they made 2/2's...It shouldn't hurt anything as long as nothing binds or leaks. Might not flow all that well but then again probably flows more then the 1/1...

could make flat plate out of aluminum and use countersunk screws to attatch them to the manifold then drill for the one bbl's

Think I'd take a file and a jigsaw and try to clean up the mess as much as possible and use it. The bolt spacing looks about right for the Holley/Weber progressive (primary/secondary) 2 barrel carbs. If you want to go back to twin 1920 Holleys, www.stoveboltengineco.com has adapters to bolt a 2 barrel carb on a one barrel manifold. Don't see why you couldn't turn them upside down and go the other way. :toothy10:

I'd weld up the holes for the small carter two bbls and redrill/tap for twin weber 32/36's progressive 2bbls. Economy of one bbls with full throttle performance of 2bbls. Plus lots of tuning parts available. Waggins plate idea is an excellent repair suggestion and will work very well. It also gives you the advantage of a heat sink if your going to use the stock exhaust manifold to prevent fuel boiling on shut down. I'd also like to thank burntorange70 for using a pic of my last installation on a friends '62 signet Alum. block car. I believe a posted pic is the sincerest form of flatery.

I know I am clear across the country but I could tig weld it up and throw it on the bridgeport and machine it back to how it was. Just got to cover shipping I will do the rest . Let me know if you are interested...Later Joe

could make flat plate out of aluminum and use countersunk screws to attatch them to the manifold then drill for the one bbl's
I believe so to Cirtis, I wonder if I should do that before I sell it ?

Think I'd take a file and a jigsaw and try to clean up the mess as much as possible and use it. The bolt spacing looks about right for the Holley/Weber progressive (primary/secondary) 2 barrel carbs. If you want to go back to twin 1920 Holleys, www.stoveboltengineco.com has adapters to bolt a 2 barrel carb on a one barrel manifold. Don't see why you couldn't turn them upside down and go the other way. :toothy10:
The 2 ta 0ne adapter will work David
Thank you chief :cheers:

Hmmm...I believe I would go with the one 490 also Mike....
I feel the same way dusterforever 8)

So was this a working setup on your /6? If so, how well did it work? If you decide to sell it and it worked well for you, I might be interested.

So was this a working setup on your /6? If so, how well did it work? If you decide to sell it and it worked well for you, I might be interested.
It was a running system and I can't tell how well because I just bought it at the petit Jean MT. swap meet last week. Carb's need rebuilt and or new ones

petit Jean 09.jpg

I would clean up the work started there and run 2 BBD's. There are quite a few of those manifolds running around the country with 2 2 bbl's on them. It works very well.

I know I am clear across the country but I could tig weld it up and throw it on the bridgeport and machine it back to how it was. Just got to cover shipping I will do the rest . Let me know if you are interested...Later Joe
Thank you Joe :cheers: That sure is a good offer :-D and very nice of you to offer. I will keep that in mind , Thank you.
Mike.

I would say to do like scamp is offering and tig the holes back the way they should be and have it machined.

I would say to do like scamp is offering and tig the holes back the way they should be and have it machined.
I am leaning in that direction camd64. :clock: I don't know anything about doing work like that, But it seems to be allot of work and time.

Mike
Those are Carter BBD carbs. Someone did a good job converting that 1bblX2 to 2bblX2. You can run it the way it is with a stovebolt linkage and a couple of rebuild kits. (which I have) . Fuel distrabution should be great.
Run either one Mike If you want you can put it on the trading block for your "new" slant six engine.:-D
Frank

Mike
Those are Carter BBD carbs. Someone did a good job converting that 1bblX2 to 2bblX2. You can run it the way it is with a stovebolt linkage and a couple of rebuild kits. (which I have) . Fuel distrabution should be great.
Run either one Mike If you want you can put it on the trading block for your "new" slant six engine.:-D
Frank
PM on its way Frank

I gotta say, that intake looks a good bit like what my 2x2bbl started out as...oh, and adding an inch to the carb pads might make your hood not wanna close...

-
Back