I need to barrow a 67 up console tach mounting base

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I do reverse engineering of parts the aftermarket does not.

I would like to RE the mounting base for the A Body console tach.

67 up to (????)

I have never had one in my hands so I don't know what parts would be needed to make a proper mount

I suspect the plastic, the metal and perhaps the hollow bolt and nut (unless that part is part of the tach.)

I will pay shipping both ways and would need it for maybe 2 to 3 weeks.

My intent is to make 3D printed Stainless Steel parts as close to the original as possible.

Alternately detailed photos and key dimensions might work.

I have worked on several parts for @j_anderson in this manner with awesome results!

Pm me if you would like to participate.

Screenshot_20240306-184353.png

I believe there are two slightly different mounts, one for 68 and earlier and one for 69 and up. Reason I suspect this is because of the different top plates on the console itself. 68 and earlier have a machined groove running the length of the console. The pedestal, mount or adapter whatever its called has two small nubs on the bottom. I believe these sit in the recessed groove. The 69 and up console has a flat surface and doesn't require the "nubs". Will try and post pictures later today.

I believe there are two slightly different mounts, one for 68 and earlier and one for 69 and up. Reason I suspect this is because of the different top plates on the console itself. 68 and earlier have a machined groove running the length of the console. The pedestal, mount or adapter whatever its called has two small nubs on the bottom. I believe these sit in the recessed groove. The 69 and up console has a flat surface and doesn't require the "nubs". Will try and post pictures later today.
Took a couple of quick pics before I forget. Can post better later if needed

20240307_091359.jpg

20240307_091416.jpg

Took a couple of quick pics before I forget. Can post better later if needed

68 and earlier have a machined groove running the length of the console. The pedestal, mount or adapter whatever its called has two small nubs on the bottom. I believe these sit in the recessed groove. The 69 and up console has a flat surface and doesn't require the "nubs".

That's great info.

Thanks.

Super easy to make one CAD file and have them as a feature that can be turned on and off

Anyone know what years this particular mount covers 67 to 69 for sure but 70 thru ???

-
Back