I need to change my screen name! :)

-

RedScampi

Reaction score
It's amazing how much damage you can do in one weekend with a twelve pack, a cheap hvlp gun and a half a gallon of john deere blitz black. :cheers:
I got tired of watching the cheap, old, faded paint peel off the redscampi and I was planning on going to Goodguys next weekend - so...I spent Friday and Saturday sanding and prepping the old beast and masked it up and sprayed it on Sunday. This is by no means a professional job, it's just intended for me to be able to drive it and not be embarrassed by it. I figure I'll have this car at least another year while I'm getting the plum crazy car on the road so why not? This paint goes on so easy a caveman could do it. My only issue was it was a little hotter outside than I wanted so the paint blushed a bit on the hood, and the dang gun dripped a couple of times but all in all i'm way happy with the results! :-D:-D:-D
What's everyone think?

P1030657 (Large).jpg

P1030649 (Large).jpg

Looking strong :thumbrig: I like the look =P~ Day well spent RedScampi :cheers:
One day at a time is so much fun :cheers:

Kind of a "Mad Max" look to it. I love that! At least you don't have to worry too much about parking it at the Grocery Store..EH?

its gunna be hot in your cockpit, since black attracts all the heat, i hope you have a/c !! lookin good :)

You can't fool me! That's some of that new radar absorbent coating! How about B-2 Scamp?

Thanks for the replies guys! I really was amazed at the difference too. Got the bumpers on and it's street legal again. I have some touch up and detail work to do next. What do you guys think about a butt stripe?

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that the white letters on the tires on both sides of the car are perfectly lined up in those shots? Frankly, I'm not that anal but it sure is weird, huh?

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that the white letters on the tires on both sides of the car are perfectly lined up in those shots? Frankly, I'm not that anal but it sure is weird, huh?

Red picked up the rear end with his bare hands and rotated them so they'd line up for the photos. MOPARS make you strong!

I like the new look. No reason to paint it now. Drive it and have fun.

-
Back